Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EnlightenedRogue Guest

Unhappy PSE&G and benefits

Featured Sponsor

I work alongside fellow employees everyday paying the same dues and I don't have the same medical benefits and pension rights at retirement what gives? Shouldn't I atleast be on the reduced dues plan? During our last contract we were told we can't push for more because the members wouldn't be willing to strike. Was it the members or the leadership that was afraid to hit the bricks?

Jerzzee@PSEG Guest

Default Leadership?

What leadership? We have no leadership.

Get your training and look elsewhere. I've had many discussions at union meeting and doesn't seem like our leadership cares since it doesn't affect them. The company divided us and they can't see it yet. What happens when benefits 2000(new benefits) out numbers the choice employees (old benefits). It will just hurt them in the future. Thats when the company will go after retiree benefits and we won't stand in the way because they didn't care enough to fight for all employee (present and future). Sounds bad but if they offer us even a little at retirement in exchange for cutting retiree benefits what would u do? I'm in favor of taking this issue head on. The union needs to listen to us and do something. They took away our pension and medical at retirement. Sorry we have that cash balance crap. I did my calculations and when I retire I will get 59000 a yr from that cash balance. sound good right. Except that in 2040 what 5900 a yr worth then. My salary would be 173000 a year. that assuming it goes up 3% a yr. Currently a retiree at our company get a percent of his highest 3 yrs I think. Some guys get 5000 a month or 60000 a yr. Its almost 80% of their base pay. It can't stay like this. Our medical is a different story. We have none at retirement. We work hard and when we need it the most they take it from us. Who's going to take care of us in our Golden years. lol Hopefully at some point we'll stand together and get something done. Most old timers don't seem to want to fight for anything anymore. they just accept it and expect me and everyone else to do the same. Hope we get more people to read these post and give us their input. Looking to go elsewhere I am.

4. Unhappy What benefits...?

I, too, am a Beneshits 2000 victim. The worst part about it for me is I was 34 when I started here, so @65 yrs old, my cash balance will only be valued at around $65,000. Like Roger Daltry sang, "...I hope I die before I get old". I am socking away as much as I can in the 401k, but even if I work until I can get medicare, I'll still need gap insurance for what medicare doesn't cover. That will burn through $$ real quick in 2030!! Unfortunately, unless something changes, I will not be able to retire until 65, which really sucks. New hires were sold out for a raise back in '96. And to think that the "old schoolers" had the nerve to try to convince us youngbloods to shoot down the current contract because it messed with their retirement benefits!! What the hell are retirement benefits? F*** you, now I'll take the raise. Looking back, it's easy to see the devious strategy the company used to divide us. Soon, they will be rid of all pensions (traditional) and retirement benefits, except for the suits in the Ivory Tower in Newark. I'm sure they'll all make out just fine. After the botched Ferland/Rowe Exelon debacle that cost PS over $40 mil, all involved with the decision making should all be stripped of their pensions and retirement benefits. But it's not all bad. PS may be ripping health insurance away from guys who gave 30-40 years to the company, but the Co. will offer benfits to same sex domestic partners. Can someone explain this logic? Where are the priorities in this place?

I can go on for ever brother. Look else where con ed still has a nice pension and orange and rockland too. not to bad look into it. and the money is a little more there than it is here. a cheif lineman in orange & rockland I hear make like 40 an hr. not bad.

but the Co. will offer benfits to same sex domestic partners. Can someone explain this logic? Where are the priorities in this place?
    Did ya get that fax too? Holy Jesus I thought it was a joke for a minute. GALA or somethin??? They did a great job at fookin us all up. We can't even get along within our own divisions and statewide...forget it. What do we have now, three different plans goin on? Something like that. What we need is somebody to step up, cuz with the merger fooked and the current direction we're headed, it's contractors and wishful thinking. For the time being, it still is better than Shoprite......but not much. Listen, we better man up or it's our own faults.

so when r u running for president of our local. I'd vote for anyone but Chip and the rest of those dick heads

That'd be....never. I do know a few people who would be pretty good at it but unfortunately they have nothing to do with generation and it almost seems like that's who runs the show. (with a few exceptions)

your an asshole really your just a pussy can't stand for shit. I'm only 21yrs old first off. And I can't wait till I get to vote on your benefits 20 yrs from now. I'll take a 5% raise in exchange for you medical at retirement. You can't see what you guys did will affect you in the long run. Loser

Featured Sponsorr

See what I mean. NJTROUBLE, that was pretty poor bro.