Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    Hey yall just thought id share some great news...Yesterday i passed my post-offer physical...which means im finally finished with all my pre-employment testing requirements. Now im just waiting for the FINAL call for my Official start date!!!!I sure hope it for SEPT 6.. ...
    WHoohooo!!! SepT. 6 it is!! Just got the "Clearance Email" from Kristina Miller(PG&E Recruiter) stating that im All clear for september 6. I will report to Bakersfield at 6:30Am (About 6:15 ) and meet with my Supervisor. He will give me a brief tour of the yard and introduce me 2 some of the guys. Then im off to San Ramon. Best of luck to all the other guys who are still waiting anxiously!! I will sure keep y'all in my prayers. HOPING for the ABSOLUTE BEST in my new CAREER!!! Thanks 2 all you guys who shared Great info and encouragement, every bit n piece is APPRECIATED!!

2. Default

so what was the physical like? I have to go on september 9th for mine and am kinda nervous. I understand they hook you up to a heart monitor to watch your heart rate and blood pressure. But if you go in there nervous, like i know i will be, both of those go up. Any tips on how to be less nervous?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Iwannabealineman View Post
    so what was the physical like? I have to go on september 9th for mine and am kinda nervous. I understand they hook you up to a heart monitor to watch your heart rate and blood pressure. But if you go in there nervous, like i know i will be, both of those go up. Any tips on how to be less nervous?
    relax, relax, and breathe. They wont let u begin if your heartrate is above 100. there was a guy there waiting for his to drop and i didnt the whole time i was there. i felt really bad for him. but i noticed everytime i got a little nervous , i looked at the watch and my rate went up. try to stay calm. especially during the step ladder part. take your time and breathe controlled. you can do it!

4. Default

WHoohooo!!! SepT. 6 it is!! Just got the "Clearance Email" from Kristina Miller(PG&E Recruiter) stating that im All clear for september 6. I will report to Bakersfield at 6:30Am (About 6:15 ) and meet with my Supervisor. He will give me a brief tour of the yard and introduce me 2 some of the guys. Then im off to San Ramon. Best of luck to all the other guys who are still waiting anxiously!! I will sure keep y'all in my prayers. HOPING for the ABSOLUTE BEST in my new CAREER!!! Thanks 2 all you guys who shared Great info and encouragement, every bit n piece is APPRECIATED!!
    Congrats again bro. im still waiting for my email.

Thumbs up Inhale ...exhale...

Quote Originally Posted by kobrapack99 View Post
    relax, relax, and breathe. They wont let u begin if your heartrate is above 100. there was a guy there waiting for his to drop and i didnt the whole time i was there. i felt really bad for him. but i noticed everytime i got a little nervous , i looked at the watch and my rate went up. try to stay calm. especially during the step ladder part. take your time and breathe controlled. you can do it!

Iwannabealineman,
    Like my brotha KobraPack99 said...Relaxxx....Breath in and out at a steady pace. Being nervous is totally normal and just by you bein nervous wont make your blood pressure or heart rate exceed too much. However, when your nervous...its easy to 4get to breathe . That is the MOST IMPORTANT advice i can give you!!! Once you get passed the 1st simulation your nerves will begin to calm(at least 4 most) But you can not 4get to breathe calmly. And again like KP99 said...take it N I C E - N - S L O W on the pole steps. This is NOT a timed event so take as longg as you need. Also use a proper form when lifting the box w/ weights in it. Bend your legs,keep your back straight and Lift w/ your LEGS...keep your head straight or slighty tilted up. when you look down your back tends to hunch and that is not what they want to see. other than that its pretty basic. Dont eat Salty or greasy foods prior to your test date(@ least 2 days b4) and you should do fine. Good luck Brah. were all cheering 4 ya. Keep us posted and god bless.
    Last edited by Powerline.Athlete818; 08-31-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Congrats again bro. im still waiting for my email.
    Thanks Mr.GOODBURGER.!!! ....Dont worry...you'll be getting yours SOONER than later.. thats 4sure...Let us know when you getit!!!

7. Default

Thanks Mr.GOODBURGER.!!! ....Dont worry...you'll be getting yours SOONER than later.. thats 4sure...Let us know when you getit!!!
    I got that call! ill be right there with you, lets do this. get your boots and bring a pen

I got that call! ill be right there with you, lets do this. get your boots and bring a pen
    Wadid i tell ya brothaa!!! Great job! and congrats..! cant wait to get started!!! Good luck to you all who are still waiting... any questions for us who have been thru it do not hesitate to ask. 5 more days!!!

9. Default

You new guys getting hired on in Division don't realize how good you've got it:

Pros: All the DT you could ever want, rest periods, you know where your sleeping every night or during the day (getting paid), you won't work nearly as hard as a GC Lineman or Apprentic but you'll make a lot more money if you choose to (key word is choose), storm damage is optional.

Cons: You'll miss out on the training you'll get in GC, that's it.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by ODBank View Post
    You new guys getting hired on in Division don't realize how good you've got it:

Pros: All the DT you could ever want, rest periods, you know where your sleeping every night or during the day (getting paid), you won't work nearly as hard as a GC Lineman or Apprentic but you'll make a lot more money if you choose to (key word is choose), storm damage is optional.

Cons: You'll miss out on the training you'll get in GC, that's it.
    Thanks but to be honest, Im just happy to be aboard. happy is an understatement. But i completely understand where u are coming from