Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by west coast hand View Post
    Have a question why is it that utility guys hate contractors so much, they say it's because we take there work but if I could go out to a job and look at it and say nope don't want to do this today and someone else would come do it I would love them guys it's all a big joke.me personally don't like the fact that someone that is a complete pile of shit can be my boss someday no thanks I like packing my stuff and going to the hall if I get tired of something or someone that's why I work outside but I'm sure I'll try it again someday the wife keeps trying to push me that way...
    West Coast Hand I couldnt agree more but I am a utility lineman. We do have the contractor issue in the utility I work for but let me tell you this... There are some utility lineman that support you guys with vigor. Not because you are doing some of the jobs they dont want to do but because you are union brothers.. As a leader in my local do I wish it were different? Yes I do. However union contractors are more than welcome on our property so long as our membership numbers don't suffer because of it. We work hard to keep our numbers up and are more than willing to accept a helping hand when the work load gets too great. So the next time a utility lineman walks up to you and shakes your hand it is nothing more than two lineman on different roads but part of the same great brotherhood saying hello!!!