View Poll Results: ARE YOU SICK OF THE BS AND DRAMA ON THIS SITE?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you wish there were no BS discussions only Line work?

2 15.38%
  • Do you find yourself looking for other sites because of the forum content?

2 15.38%
  • Do you like it the way it is?

8 61.54%
  • Could care less either way?

3 23.08%
  • Plan on leaving the site's forums for good?

1 7.69%
  • Would more "moderating" be better for the site?

4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Sick And Tired Of Being Sick And Tired And Im Tired Of It!

Featured Sponsor

Who here is sick and tired of the drama in this site?

Any one know of a Lineman site that's only about "Linework" and not about egos, so-called "older and wiser" folks who think they know it all but can't seem to agree with each other, gendr bashin or bashin Unions or Nons and their families? A site dedicated to Linework and Linework only?

Any one? AAAAny one at all????

Talking Yes, even I have been banned from a lineman site....

[quote=Swamprat;87702]You could try These. See how ya like em. Maby they're a bit "mellower' for ya.... Bein as ya don't like it here.

http://www.fatlineman.com/

http://www.line-man.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

http://www.elineman.com/ [/quote]

Well, you have named two I've not been banned from.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    You could try These. See how ya like em. Maby they're a bit "mellower' for ya.... Bein as ya don't like it here.

OR, ya might just try to regulate YOURSELF, and not get into shit, you know is gonna piss ya off. See, that's a "Personal" thing, ya gotta do for YOURSELF. Seems you're lookin for a Linemans board to MODERATE...what YOU don't want to hear or read. You can do that here. Just DO it YOURSELF. Don't Read shit that pisses ya off.

"A site dedicated to Linework and Linework only"? No bullshit, no other talk but LINEWORK. ON the internet....

You still believe in the tooth fairy too, don't ya.

http://www.fatlineman.com/

http://www.line-man.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

http://www.elineman.com/
    It's not so much the "content" in what people write that pisses me off but the fact NONE of us would say it to each others faces! YOU INCLUDED!

BTW I've done a good job stayin out of the BS until you and a few other idiots start gettin nasty! Don't worry I don't wanna interfere with your "political agenda" just think a poll like this would be useful for Byron.

You just have to ignore a lot of the things that are posted on here,some people on here can't help but let everyone know how sharp they are and how dumb all the rest of their co-workers and their foreman and the GF is, I really wonder how these companys survived before these people arrived in all their greatness, they have little to offer other than to try to make others look bad in order to try to make themselves look good, if that doesnt make them feel good enough they may go into a drunken or prescription drug induced rant and cuss all others who dont agree whole heartedly with them 100% out or label them as a racist, but after all of that you'll find a post where someone has answered a question that was posed without doing any of the above mentioned things and provided a fellow lineman with the one thing that he will never get enough of knowledge, that's why I keep coming back .

I'm probably like most here, I stay out of most of the drama. I tend to let the ones argue and fight amongst themselves. Half the time, I have no idea where or why the arguments start. And most of the time, the arguments have no real meaning to the subject.

I'm not sure what you are wanting other than a miracle. But, my thinking is just having a linework forum isn't going to keep the arguments from coming. Then again, maybe it would.

Right now here are the hard facts about the # of posts:

Political and BS - 36,154
    Linework Forum- 15,398
    Safety/Accident/Near Misses -5,957
    Union Issues - 5,818
    Apprentices -3,851

I'm not counting the Ladies Lounge because that is mostly me. But, at least I'm trying to stay out of most of ya'lls way.

I honestly think that "most of us" try to stay out of the dramas that unfold around here. You don't hear from "most" because they just read it for the pleasure by shaking their heads and grinning how ridiculous most of us are when posting on the internet. OR they just stay out of it by not reading any further than the original post or argument.

Now, that is my opinion.....or my 1/2 cents worth.

thats a damned good point bub... I'm gonna go crack open a Kokanee... and think about it long and hard....

after all distraction from the point is exactly what the complaint is most of the time right????

shit.... just realised all I've got is some kieths...it'll have to do... at least it's whites....

two four....

Edge

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLineman View Post
    I can’t believe you think that way. You’re a rotten snake and horse feathers to you.
    HA!

Well, kiss my grits CL! And matted dog hairs to you!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLineman View Post
    And may the Bird of Paradise fly up you nose. May an Elephant crush with its toes. And I hope your camels are all barren and your dog be killed by American friendly fire.
    Jeeze you are vicious CL.

MI when I'm in a part of town that has stop and go traffic and pot holes and people look at me with the skunk eye and its generally a miserable place to be, I stop going through there.

I've curtailed my time here for the very reasons you posted. Lots of folks on here are cool. Some not. Some meh.

I think I can handle myself on here, but why. Why come to a site where any post can be turned into a rant? I'm actually surprised when it stays on topic and doesn't degenerate. Why try to explain over and over again a complex opinion that is only going to be misunderstood or reduced to a few buzzwords? Why argue with people who follow their gut feelings and not their purported beliefs?

Besides, does anyone here really think they are gonna change anyone else into being more like they are? Hell I can't make all of you handsome regardless of how much I try.

And.

I.

Have.

Tried.

Featured Sponsorr

Oh no. I've been accused of hi-jacking recently.

I try to stay "on track" but sometimes it just kinda goes in another direction. But, that's conversation on a regular basis for me. So, that doesn't bother me. Even if it happens in threads I start, I just think of it as conversations.

I just like to ask questions or want to know what others think or their opinions. The difference with some of us, is it stops there. Meaning we want other's opinions, take it in stride, and move on. If you ask for an opinion, it's very possible it's not going to be like yours.

And I have a question for the few 4 that wanted more moderation:

What kind of moderation are you wanting to see?
    What is the limit of moderation?
    Are you wanting posts removed in threads?

If it's locked threads, this whole forum would be locked threads. I've seen moderation done over nothing. I've seen the "power" of moderation go completely nuts over a "small" disagreement. And all because they didn't like one person's opinion so they attacked them.

I will say this, you do have a female moderator on an all male site. Which is pretty uncommon. I guess what I want to know is what the 4 wanted in moderation. Just curious really. If you would rather PM me your opinions, I'll take it to Byron.