Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Accidental Contact

Featured Sponsor

Lineman In Detroit, Dies From Accidental Contact, Last Week. Working For Energy Clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by BRODIE View Post
    Lineman In Detroit, Dies From Accidental Contact, Last Week. Working For Energy Clearance.
    Any idea who? I worked for them! Sad to hear!

I Think His Name Was Mike Parks

Quote Originally Posted by BRODIE View Post
    I Think His Name Was Mike Parks
    Been about ten years or so but that does sound familiar? I hope his family gets all the help they can in dealin with this terrible thing!

Prayers for the family, friends and co-workers! Always hate hearing things like this.........
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Complacency is our worst enemy as we progress in life! May the Brother rest in peace and may someone learn a lesson from his death.

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Well it doesn't look storm related, but this was one of my pet peeves with the younger lineman. On storms in no truck excess areas one lineman would get this one another would get the next. I would be out checking the crews and no second person even had hooks or belt in the back yard. I would literally tear their ass up. If something happed precious time was wasted getting a rescue going. If you teach this kids anything teach them responsibility.

Yessir! Had a young apprentice (1st yr) working with me for a few days...rest of the drew he worked on was off.......while I did the first thing morning paperwork, told him to get his stuff on the truck and we'd head out..........got the truck to everything we had, until right before lunch, got to a trouble call and NO truck access.........could see a connection burnt off, on the pot pole, so we could kill it, and I told him to grabs his hooks...............

he said I didn't bring em!!!!

I went into orbit!! told a white lie to the customer..didn't have the right connection to fix it right (although I did) told em we'd be right back, and made a beeline to the yard, about 3 miles one way..........chewing on the ape's ass the whole trip!!!!

He never left his hooks at the yard when he worked for me again...made a pretty good Jman!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Another descriptive article:

http://socialequality.com/content/an...killed-detroit

I'm sure we'll hear more about this in the days to come as something obviously went terribly wrong. Thoughts and prayers to the family!
    -Mike

Smile Accidental contact

Featured Sponsorr

Stevie, could not agree with you more. Some guys ask me why as an old GF is still carry my belts and hooks with me all the time. I tell them it might be their ass I have to come and get, do you still want me to leave my hooks at home?