Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Featured Sponsor

Damn bro I feel bad now after hearing your story. At first I thought you were just being a smart ass I can take a joke but I get pissed off sometime and fly off the handle. I have seen alot of guys that come from non union and test out and run out here for the money and they don't want to climb or bitch and cry about it cause most of are work is in backyards or no bucket access so your on the wood alot,and any underground jobs I mean I know alot of guy don't know how to splice lead or epr cable but come on a basic elbow??? You know what I mean any guy that's a good hand right on welcome to the IBEW.sorry for bashing on ya and be safe brother...
    Last edited by west coast hand; 05-21-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Quote Originally Posted by Special ED View Post
    If I ever come out to the west coast on a fire or something Ill be sure to look ya up give ya a hug and buy ya a smoothie or some healthy drink..
    I feel left out. Can I have a hug and smoothie?
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    I feel left out. Can I have a hug and smoothie?
    Only if you wear your kilt??? J/K LOL
    IF YOU AIN'T IN YOUR TOOLS DON'T CHANGE THE RULES...BOYCOTT THE BUCKSQEEZE

Quote Originally Posted by west coast hand View Post
    Only if you wear your kilt??? J/K LOL
    and I'm piss the bed drunk...

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Its all good WestCoast..

Clive if I ever hop across the big pond and visit the UK I'll look ya up and get ya a smoothie.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Special ED View Post
    West Coast.. Brother.. How many other brothers we got out in the fields like myself that came up non union and were orginized in like myself? A whole shit ton.. You should be happy we orginized cause thats less non union competition. Yes I went through an apprenticship. No it was not as good as the IBEW. I will give you that. But what makes a good lineman is his mentors in the field. I learned alot in the field both what to do and what not to do.

As for my joke.. Well Im sorry it got ya so flustered.. If I ever come out to the west coast on a fire or something Ill be sure to look ya up give ya a hug and buy ya a smoothie or some healthy drink.. Well, scratch the hug unless you just really need it.

Yes I came into the trade here in the midwest. Lots of places to work when I started out but there was none that kept me close to home at the time and I had to be home. Right before I got into the trade my pa IBEW 2100 member for 27 years became ill and due to hospital negligence was put into a coma which lasted a little over a year. So the travel that dont bother me I couldnt do at the time cause family comes first before anyone or anything. By the time it was all said and done and we put my pa in the ground I was well on my way to being a good lineman so I stuck it out till I topped out and moved on to greener pastures though again non-union. Cause I don't know if you know this or not but new widows and widowers sometimes have a hard time being alone after their signifigant other passes away and it would have killed ma if I had gone away to work on the Union side. She moved on and got back into her grove and I packed up and headed west lookin to better my self with the IBEW.. No work out in Arizonia to be had and money was tight so I did what I could and ended up in Texas workin for another non-union out fit till I got sick of it and called up the local here and they said they had work and wanted me to come in and test. Quit on a friday drove 20 hours and met with the BM on Monday.

What Im gettin at is know the whole story before you jump someones shit. Come down off your high horse.. Theres plenty of union work here but its all utility that wasnt hiring and union contractors weren't around cause LG&E loves pike.. When someone orginizes in and tests out or gets placed in the apprenticeship that came from a non-union outfit Im there to welcome them to the good side of the fence cause like I said thats one less lineman to compete with.. Not all non-union lineman have what it takes to become union and not all union linemen should even posses a journeyman ticket. Shit in one hand and wish in the other right? I got a lineman workin for me journeyman even... He went through Albat and guess what?? He dont know his ass from a hole in the ground let alone how to wire up a bank of transformers yet he holds a ticket.. Theres good and theres bad in everything so lighten up brother.
    This is what i was talking about.....I NEVER judge before I see what a man can do. I don't fell pressured before the job starts because of where you are from....there are 2 kinds of people...Those i can teach and those i can learn from......doesn't matter which one you are... I will know soon enough....

7. Default swamp ur shit dont make sense

iv been around red and pike hands and iv seen them give the answers for there apprenticeships and drink beer on the high line jobs and kill people with there vechicles and still keep there job. ur so full of shit it ain t funny. I know of guys cutting lines with the gf's on jobs and climbing after and u want to tell me non union is all about. ur so full of crap the only work u must of done must of been in a church with them.

Quote Originally Posted by younger linehand outa 111 View Post
    iv been around red and pike hands and iv seen them give the answers for there apprenticeships and drink beer on the high line jobs and kill people with there vechicles and still keep there job. ur so full of shit it ain t funny. I know of guys cutting lines with the gf's on jobs and climbing after and u want to tell me non union is all about. ur so full of crap the only work u must of done must of been in a church with them.
    HE DON'T MAKE SENSE CAUSE HE NEVER DID LINEWORK!! ASK HIM SOMETHIN TECHNICAL LIKE....HOW TO TEST A SNGL PHASE SOCKET BEFORE SETTIN THE METER!!

HE WONT RESPOND!!! WAAAY OVER HIS HEAD!!!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by younger linehand outa 111 View Post
    NO WAY! The precious pike he worked for was such a great company that everyone wants to retire from!!

Like I said he's a true blowhard that earned his way up with his mouth instead of his hands. Thats the ONLY way to think pike is safe. I thought they were safe too until I read and seen what the IBEW and UWUA does with their apprentices. I was young and dumb and lucky I'm still alive as we had incidents that damn near killed us. But swampys pike would never cover up an accident or do the things I listed in one of these threads that he couldnt answer.

Then there's the joke that j. eric pike is on some OSHA safety committee. Money will buy you anything these days, just ask O.J.!!!

pike and safe does not go together.

Featured Sponsorr

Wow that was exciting!! I saw the whole thing on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCynl-_SyXg

I'm getting my climbing cert in sun valley, CA at LADWP's yard. It's also where they have the rodeo's. We heard about this right when it happened and we knew they weren't getting fired because there is such demand! You could get hired the first day you signed the Journeyman books down here. Local 18 pays really well but living here in Los Angeles isn't so great. Personally I've been sober for 2 years since my DUI. I hope when I'm an apprentice I don't have a Drunk Journeyman! Maybe I'll be on the next investigation! HA!