Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    If you look at all the Pike injuries and fatalities, I just do not understand why J. Eric Pike is on the OSHA committie for electical construction safety. OSHA seems to think he is the cats me-oow. Talk about the fox guarding tghe chicken coop!!!
    You don't think giving enough "donations" will get you on any safety committe you want?

Default Lucky Up North

I can't help but feel lucky at the utility I work at. BC Hydro (British Columbia Canada) has taken the stance that if it's not safe don't do it. Those are the CEO's words. In the last year when we say its a rotten pole it's not safe we are having outages. I am talking 200-500 homes and business. If it has to be done on a sunday then thats when we do it. We all realized that this is what needs to be done. Yes we have had some bad ones up here but now realize this doesn't need to happen. God Bless all the families of injured and killed workers. YOU SHOULDN'T DIE AT WORK.

if it was any of your business you would know

Default Pike PBR sponsers...

Go to any Pro Bull Riders event... Pike will have an table in the vendor-trade show area...banners every place... and they do a 5 minute infomercial- come work for us bit during intermissions.

Were are they getting all that work?

I walk buy the table and flash a yellow ticket... the guys behind it KNOW what that paper is... you can see em puke in their mouth's a little when it registers.........

4. Default

why dont somebody get pike in the union and then maybe all this shit will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by climbsomemore View Post
    Go to any Pro Bull Riders event... Pike will have an table in the vendor-trade show area...banners every place... and they do a 5 minute infomercial- come work for us bit during intermissions.

I walk buy the table and flash a yellow ticket... the guys behind it KNOW what that paper is... you can see em puke in their mouth's a little when it registers.........
    Climbsomemore...I'm ROLMAO!!! Keep up the good work!

6. Default

when is osha gonna shut them down?

pike has been fined many times by OSHA. I've spent hundreds of hours researching OSHA fines against pike. In each and every case the fine gets reduced to pennies on the dollar after appeal. Pike Electric headquarters is in North Carolina which runs its own OSHA. Pike contributes to the state labor secretary ( head of NC OSHA) boatloads of cash.

Sad but very true. Eric Pike (who claims he "worked" his way up from groundman to lineman to where he is now) gives a buttload to OSHA each year. They are not the only ones paid off either...

Quote Originally Posted by climbsomemore View Post

You notice they hit up shows that are line related they are treated like crap. They want to hire those that dont know any better.....Turn and burn and pay the family 150k to keep that 2 mill contract..

Featured Sponsorr

isn't it sad at what we have become... from utilites buying labor secretarys and mining companies buying judges and every other industry in between engaging in unethical practices.