Default Cleaning Extendo sticks

Featured Sponsor

How do you guys clean the inside of your extendo sticks?

After being out in the rain all day using our sticks when we come in we turn them upside to help the water drain out. Is there a better way to get the moisture out?

Default cleaning

try taking the base off the bottom and the stick will come apart then you can wipe the stick down with a silicon rag.

If you wipe them down before each use and keep them clean, you won't have to worry about them being wet before or after use.

I mean, if you use them in the rain, what is the use of trying to dry them out after?

These are triangular type hot sticks that each section comes apart and you can use as many sections as you want. The problem we have is after working out in the rain you can turn the stick upside down for a couple of days and then wipe the out side down with cleaner. When you check the stick with a Hot stick tester it FAILS. We have to take a rag tape to a stick and run it down the inside. The cap at the other end is glued in.

The only thing that I've seen looks like a gun cleaning rod.

The one I am familiar with is the triangular Hastings product, there is no dielectric strength to the hollow sections, the only that gets tested is the top section. We have yet to have one fail.

Featured Sponsorr

Those new triangular sticks are heavy as hell not flexible werf a damn and generally a pain in the ass to use. I hate em. Bout the only feature onnem is the part bout bein able to just use 2 or 3 sections instead of the whole thang. that parts kinda handy.they fit together so tight that if water does get innem it creates a vacuum and make em hard to raise or lower. Gimmie the old round yeller ones anyday