Thread: What to do???

1. Default What to do???

Featured Sponsor

Here is the issue. I am a 7 step apprentice with Mo Valley. I have been in the program for about 5 years now. I have all of my hours that are required (7000). I have had my books done for 2 years now. All I need is about 400 hrs of hot time yet. We have no "Hot Time" available in MN. and haven't for a while now. It is just very hard to come by, unlike transmission where I have 4 times the amount needed. I am wondering what avenues i may be able to pursue to get my ticket. I am willing to travel but with most locals having apes on the books they won't let us come to there local for hot time. Any GOOD imput would be greatly appreciated.

2. Default

It's like that here in the NW. They picked up like 160 apes 3 years ago and only about 24 or so the last two years. There is a huge bottleneck with those fellas fighting for hot time as well. I think some are swapping with utilities that need trans time so both can work it out.

I think all areas are like that right now with primarily trans work, so I don't think you can change jurisdictions hoping for hot time. Good thing is you should be at the top of the list as a 7th step. Just take advantage of the extra time, as much as you want to journey out it will make you that much better when you do and you have your own ape.

Good job and good luck.

Brad

3. Default

thank you for the input. Someday I will hold that golden ticket in my hand.

Whatever ya do dont try and pencil whip it. I've seen some of that . Ya mite think it would be helpful but in the end it will hurt ya. Hot time is gettin harder to come by here also, Maybe explain yer predictament to Your GF and see if he can help ya out some.

5. Default

My GF likes me and nows that I am a good worker and all ha can say really is that we will have to get you your hot time. There just isn't any to be had here is the problem.

I can't beleive that the apprenticeship, or your local union has'nt reached out to get you on job where you can get your hot time? Five years as an AP is long enough.

But as another poster said, don't pencil whip your hours. You're only hurting yourself.

But no matter what, good luck, and be safe!

try calling ibew local 42 in manchester, ct

Default hot time?

might be a stupid question, by hot time do you mean working everything live? We do the majority of our work live with our apes too.

9. Default

Featured Sponsorr

try 1249 we got traveling apes working now on dist