Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cap & Trade

Default Cap & Trade

Featured Sponsor

I just wanted to see how people think this is going to effect the electricial industry and their personal lives.

Default Who knows ?

Dont know that it will effect us directly, job wise. They aint gonna let the lights go out. The companies have been dealing with all the Government Regs for years, so I'm pretty sure they will have a plan. What I am sure of this thread will now turn into a mud slingin name callin, politics bashin thread. so enjoy !

Koga

Default Well kiss my ol ass

I guess I missed that one by a mile. Man I'm slippin. oh well guess I'll just have to crank up the scoot and clear the head.

Koga

I think most people don't know how far reaching this bill is, federal building codes, mandatory upgrades in order to sell your home, 20% mandate for wind and solar power, mandatory plug-ins for hybrid cars and multiple goverment agencies invovled including the epa, irs, blm, and ferc. It also includes $1 trillion in grants(give aways) for who knows what. I'm not looking for politicial mud slinging I would just like to know what the benefit of all this. We currently in an economic crisis which is keeping increased demand for electricity low, however when the demand returns(which it will) will this bill adversely effect our ability produce more power and keep up with the demand driving up prices? Also with increases in operating costs will electric utilities try to cut spending in other areas like maintenance and upgrades to keep thier bottom line up?

Here in the mid-west its going to impact our customers. Most gen is coal and that means they'll have pay the trade part for sure. They have worked hard to reduce emisions but this bill will cost em money and that gets passed along.
    All I really see out of this is a back door TAX. Gota pay for all this other BS some how.

Graybeard I believe you're right it's a tax and coal generation will bare the brunt of it. I would think that will take some time for utilities to get the increased operating costs into their rate base under cost recovery but who knows. There were three amendments to suspend the bill that got shot down 1: Gas reachs $5 a gallon 2: Unemployment reaches 15% 3: Electricity rates increase 10% over 2009 rates, if none of these things were going to happen why were these amendments not included. I don't understand how it all works and it hasn't passed yet so we will have to see how it all plays out. BTW that is a good looking dog GSP right?

Man, I either need glasses or I need to pay attention. There are many times I confuse koca with koga's threads/posts.

Tell me koca. Does your name start with for "kiss ole" and end in "ass"????

Default koca

13 year old hard charging, best hunting budy I ever had. Come end of Oct. she knows when the hunting season starts and she'll start bugging me. GREAT DOG.
    And GAS NEVER GOT TO $5.00 bucks here. Cap and trade will make EVERYTHING go up just like the price of oil. Biggest dif is this is just to raise TAX DOLLARS. If it ends up passing there will be tons of extra BS in with it.
    Now that I'm on a rant how come you hear anyone talking about using 2 wheels in stead of 4. My Harley gets 50 MPG, way better than cars and I ride it as much as possible, course I off set that with my 18 MPG pickup. A guy has to have a 4 wheel drive here in the winter to make into work and for fire calls.
    OK CAP AND TRADE WILL JUST COST CONSUMERS ALOT OF MONEY FOR WHAT I SEE AS NO GOOD REASON BUT GENERATE TAX REV.

9. Default

fuel is fixin' to go up again, and the rep's don't have anything to do with it. this bill is just one of many offenses that this president and his party will commit against our constitution. i am just curious to see if americans have the backbone to stand for something after all these cush years or will run on emotion like we have in the past. think logic and justice!

Featured Sponsorr

SBatts,$2.62 national average for gas along way from $5.00, the amendment would have suspened the bill if gas were to reach $5.00 in the furture. Not allowing these amendments looks to me like they know these thing are going to happen if this bill passes. BTW gasoline was never $5.00 a gallon in my part of the world, does this still mean I'm a moron?