Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: CMP negotiation

Featured Sponsor

We have been out doing our bit to make the public aware of our dispute since my last post. Different areas have taken different tactics, but we have been getting a fairly positive response from the public. That is going to be important coming up. Our side met with the company yesterday and presented the company with a proposal. The company made our folks sit around for 5 hours then came back and said they wouldn't move on anything. I guess that says it all. I will post when the next shoe drops.

2. Angry lets do it

The only option left is to srike we voted to and it seems to be the only thing left to do. I hope if we do, the company suffers dearly because lord knows we have for to long. Lets all stick together and pull through this.

In solidarity, Union Brother

I'm with you brother. Have faith in the negotiating committee, they have done a good job so far. See you on the line when it happens. Solidarity.

Default Impasse

Howdy Main, Still following this thread and your posts. Sounds like theres a line in the sand. Keep us posted.

Default Greedy B@#%^rds!

Sounds like CMP is a bunch of greedy B@#$%^rds just like FE that we are dealing with! Weve been on strike walking the picket line for a month now and no negotiations set. FE believes they can just starve us out or better yet replace all 530 workers across the state of Pennsylvania. Haha Just remember the book of Samuel where David eventually brought down Goliath brothers! We are all fighting Goliath and CORPORATE GREED and its time to stand up to it! Get prepared and fight these greedy B@#$%$ds! Solidarity!

Rock on CL. I think all of the corporate execs are playing from the same play book. We are actually owned by Iberdrola, and managed by Energy East, so we are dealing with the same massive Corps. that everyone else is. Your courage has been in inspiration to a lot of people. I wish you luck as you have wished it to us. Victory through Solidarity.

Default To Strike or Not Strike???

Thanks Mainline...We stand to lose alot of cash by striking but how much can a union membership take before you decide to make a stand? We all stand to lose alot of sweet cash by striking but enough is enough! You guys have to decide how much bull@#$t you can take and go from there. Im not in your shoes to know but it doesnt sound any greener at your company than it does at FE! Our membership of 530 people just couldnt take anymore and it was time. The contracts(2) that they offered were such garbage that they were voted down 93%. Thats very unheard of to get our area which covers half the state of Pennsylvania to be in SOLIDARITY that much! If you guys go out I wish you the best just stick together and youll be alright...Hell im enjoying my summer off....first one ive had off since high school 25 years ago!

CL, I am all for making a stand, we had an informational demonstration today by the shop. We got lots of thumbs ups,and honks. The people out with signs represented every department. Very heartening indeed. Stick it to the bastards, I hope they come to their senses soon.

Default CMP tells half-truths; lineworkers are heroes

CMP tells half-truths; lineworkers are heroes
    E-mail a letter to the editor
    06/28/2009
    from the Kennebec Journal

This is my first ever letter to a newspaper.
    I felt compelled to write, however because of the half-truths given to the citizens regarding Central Maine Power and its employees.

First, I was wondering how many people know that CMP is now owned by a Spanish company? Second, CMP states that the average line worker earns about $75,000 per year. But the company neglected to tell the public it takes 600 hours of overtime to earn that.

Folks, it seems, have a very short memory. I never forgot the icestorm, and how hard those line workers worked; they were our heroes then. It matters not, if it's over 100 degrees or 40 below with wind-chill, our lineworkers are out there assuring we get our power turned on as soon as possible.

The employees want nothing than to keep what they now have; they are not asking for a raise, although, I for one, feel they deserve one.

The CEOs need to realize it's not all about them and their bonuses; it's about an employee trying to earn a living.

Maria Steiner

Troy

Featured Sponsorr

great letter,short and to the point..however these company's are taking advantage of a depression like economy by saying lineman make 75 k,of course failing to mention how many hours of o.t it takes..they know there are millions of people out of work and won't get much sympathy from the average "Joe"..corporate America is ruthless,arrogant and couldn't care less about the worker or their families..greed and profit is what drives those bastards...period..it's going to be a tough road for us "common" worker but we must remain diligent and strong...