Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Yep, swamp. Unions stick together. It really bothers you rats, but the fact is we're about as American as you can get.

Here's what crew member John Cronan from the Maersk Alabama had to say regarding his and his crewmates actions in "retaking" their ship.
    Union members like John Cronan, third engineer and son of a merchant sailor, who summed it up this way on NBC’s “Today” show:

We didn’t have to retake the ship because we never surrendered it. We’re American seaman. We’re union members. We stuck together and did our jobs.
    You'll notice, swamp, they acted "collectively" for the "common good" to deter a threat to their rights.
    Fact is:

AMERICA NEEDS MORE UNION MEMBERS!!!!
    www.employeefreechoiceact.org
    www.ibew.org
    Last edited by Boomer gone soft; 04-17-2009 at 04:03 PM.

You quoted the workforce fairness institute way back on post 311. They were funded by big business and the chamber of commerce back then and they still are today.

That's my point, great white hunter. The only people you quote are those who are openly hostile to the working class, yet you claim an affinity toward labor. Sorry, but that does not compute. Your new number of experience is 40, yet you still deride and tear down the work of those who are trying to improve the conditions and wages of linemen. You sound more like a member of management than a member of any crew.

The progress of labor has been achieved through the hard work, sacrifice (even death), and perseverance of those who came before us.

That struggle is just as real today.

We are not talking about numbers.

We are talking about families.

We are talking about real people.

Hear are some of their faces:
    http://www.americanrightsatwork.org/

Here's one posted before from the committee on Education and Labor....a sub-committee of the US House of Reps.
    Employee Free Choice Act: Myth vs. Fact
    MYTH: The Employee Free Choice Act abolishes the "secret ballot" election.

FACT: The Employee Free Choice Act does not abolish the secret ballot eleciton process. That process, also known as a National Labor Relations Board election would still be available under the Employee Free Choice Act. The bill simply enables workers to also form a union through majority sign-up if a majority prefers that method to the NLRB election process. Under current law, workers may only use the majority sign-up process if their employer agrees. The Employee Free Choice Act allows workers, not corporate executives, to make that decision.

MYTH: The Employee Free Choice Act will increase intimidation and harassment by labor unions against workers.

FACT: Harassment by unions is not the problem. Unlike employers, a union organizer can’t fire you, cut your pay, or deny you a promotion. But, if you’re an employee actively trying to organize your coworkers, you have a one in five chance of getting fired by your employer for simply exercising your democratic rights. Even a pro-business group could only find 42 cases of union deception and/or coercion in obtaining card signatures over the last 70 years. Contrast that with roughly 30,000 workers who received back pay from employers that had fired or illegally intimidated them for each year of the Bush administration. It’s clear where the problem lies.

MYTH: The Employee Free Choice Act would require a secret ballot election in order for workers to get rid of a union.

FACT: Under current law, no election is necessary to disband a union. The Employee Free Choice Act would not change this. Under current law, if an employer has evidence, such as cards or a petition, that a majority of workers no longer supports the union, then the employer is required by law to withdraw recognition of the union and stop bargaining, without an election, unless the employer files for an election.

MYTH: The Employee Free Choice Act would require "public" union card signings.

FACT: Under current law, employees must sign cards or petitions saying they support a union in order to obtain an election. And, under current law, when an employer agrees to a majority sign-up process, employees must sign cards to show the union's majority status. Signing a card under the Employee Free Choice Act is no different from these card signings under current law. As with petitions for an election, under the Employee Free Choice Act, the NLRB, not the employer, would receive the cards and determine their validity.

MYTH: The Employee Free Choice Act would require public union card signings.

FACT: Under current law, employees already must sign cards or petitions saying they support a union in order to obtain an election. And, when an employer agrees to a majority sign-up process, employees must sign cards to show the union's majority status. The union authorization card under the Employee Free Choice Act is treated no differently than a petition for election or a card under a majority sign-up agreement under current law. As with petitions for an election, under the Employee Free Choice Act, the NLRB, not the employer, would receive the cards and determine their validity.

MYTH: According to an independent study, the Employee Free Choice Act will cost 600,000 jobs in 2010.

FACT: This is a bogus study bankrolled by the very lobbyists pumping millions into efforts to defeat this bill. Our nation’s economy experienced one of the greatest economic expansions in history during the 1950s and 1960s, a time when our nation had its highest rate of unionization. In fact, unemployment averaged 4.5 percent in the 1950s when union density was over 30 percent of the workforce.

MYTH: The Employee Free Choice Act's sponsors support secret ballot elections for workers in Mexico, but not in the United States.

FACT: Members of Congress wrote to Mexico in 2001 arguing in favor of a secret ballot election in a case where workers were trying to replace a sham company-dominated union with an independent union. The Employee Free Choice Act is consistent with this: it would not change the requirement for an NLRB election in cases where workers seek to replace one union with another union. Indeed, the original framers of the National Labor Relations Act intended elections for precisely those cases where multiple unions were competing – particularly where one was a sham company union and another was a real independent union.

MYTH: The Employee Free Choice Act will hurt small businesses.

FACT: Small businesses stand to benefit from the Employee Free Choice Act. Large employers are more likely to be the subject of organizing drives than are small employers. When workers organize, wage and other gains made by employees will mean more money in their wallets to spend locally. When workers spend locally, they stimulate small businesses. Moreover, when small businesses are organized, these businesses reap rewards – like partaking in apprenticeship and worker training programs and competitive multiemployer health and pension plans, which they would have been unable to provide on their own. This has been the experience particularly in the construction industry. Finally, many small businesses are exempt from the NLRA and the Employee Free Choice Act altogether – some 5.5 million workers are not covered by the NLRA because their small employer is considered too small to be engaged in interstate commerce.
    http://edlabor.house.gov/employee-fr...ct/index.shtml

Be sure to pay attention to the bold area I emphasized just for you.....of course you already read all of this.

I do more than just read them....I analyze what they're saying and research who they are.

In other words, I do what I suggested you do.

It just so happens unions represent my interests and those of my family, my trade, and my country.

THAT'S why I like to quote them.

Let's ask the foreign nationals you worked with on the burning sands your opinion of their plight......you humanitarian you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    It wasen't worth my time madcow...boy.

Just another chicken shit "Union" dogpile thing, to try and discredit anything I say. That's sorta like the "Intimidation" things I post from my "Union bashing" websites. You guys don't NEVER try to do anything like THAT do ya. Keep on man....SHOW what Union is REALLY about, to anyone that don't agree with them. Guys like you make my fu$kin day!

Like I said..... I been insulted, slanderer and lied about by alot better UNION men than you, mini me, and the soft boomer.

Well, It ain't fu$kin workin is it. With you Union "boys" it is. But for people that actually got a Brain, and think "Individually"....ya'll look like the assholes ya are.

Union, ONE WAY...

Carry on with that shit.
    You make me laugh man, You just dont get it Union men stick together at least the ones who are real union men, if you didnt like it you shouldnt come to a union forum, I think you really would like to have been union you sure are interested in this forum and union business, I think your somewhat envious of the so called dogpiling, none of your ratty friends are attempting to back you up and they cant even try cause 1/2 of them dont know whats going on. You guys are so jealous and rightfully so, the only reason a person would not want to be union is that they know they are not good enough and perfectly content being a line tech instead of a journeyman lineman, In your arguments your just trying to justify to yourself for your failures trying to convince yourself your not stupid!
    cowboy33

Yup....Real jealous.

What percentage of the nations workforce is Union? Last I heard it was like 7-8%.

Damn.....That's 82%!! That's alot of jealous MF'ers!
    whats the %age in linework I dont really care about the workforce that quote doesnt prove swampshit. Tell me this what would the safety record and fatalities be in linework if the union wasnt started. what would your salary be if you wasnt mooching off what the union got you, do you actually think that you would be making good money without a union, would you be getting good benefits. Would you be getting good training, hell no and it shows when rats perform the work and their safety record, fact is you could sit here and argue but its true union men in linework are better than non in everyway and the stats prove it. I have seen rat contractors shoddy work for too long and the majority of them dont know because they lack training and are just trying to feed their families and dont know beans about a union, pride in work, what it means to be the best their is, the safest their is, and the most efficient and last but not least Brotherhood. something you will never have and yep your jealous. One of our rat troubleshooters that has been in the trade 25-30 years was testing a transformer last week and instead of taking the leads out of the bushings he cut the leads off at midway point of transformer, thats stupid it screws the guy that has to replace the transformer and squeeze new leads on. We had this rule a couple yrs ago any wire down was to be cut from pole to pole. so we go to this trouble call and the primary was burnt up and was down rat troubleman cut wire down pole to pole like he was supposed to and then proceeded to cut down the open wire secondary as well. If the primary is dead why would you cut down the secondary, cause of stupidity. Union hands deal w/ this all the time and we deal with you guys mooching off our dues and contracts, so why would their not be anamosity. You guys hold us back and hold linework back and make it look bad. YA SUCK!!!!
    cowboy33

Yeah old Davis Elliot did some real good work. They were doing some cutover from 4160 to 13.2. Bumped all the single phase over to one phase on a 3 phase line as people are wont to do, but they forgot to up the line fuse on the temporary. Course when the peak hit that evening about 6 pm,it started melting the line fuse. Had to go down and deal with that.

When they were thru they had grounded all the "floating" Wye/Deltas to the system neutral. When a line fuse kicked it cause about 6 or 7 pots to burn up on the back feeding open phase. That caused a little concernation.

Then they built a regulator station and didn't connect the neutrals. That worked a few days and then it burned up all three regulators. That cost em some bucks.

Thing that used to irritate me was on slack spans. Know how everybody puts a neut rack on the side and slacks the neut over to the next pole? Well these dummies would back 2 one spool racks back to back and run the neut over to the next pole. Left this way the neut would then rub the down guy. They took care of that. They would cut a plastic guy guard in half and put it on the neut where it rubbed. Real sharp.

Yeah they learned all that down in Florida I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post
    Yeah old Davis Elliot did some real good work. They were doing some cutover from 4160 to 13.2. Bumped all the single phase over to one phase on a 3 phase line as people are wont to do, but they forgot to up the line fuse on the temporary. Course when the peak hit that evening about 6 pm,it started melting the line fuse. Had to go down and deal with that.

When they were thru they had grounded all the "floating" Wye/Deltas to the system neutral. When a line fuse kicked it cause about 6 or 7 pots to burn up on the back feeding open phase. That caused a little concernation.

Then they built a regulator station and didn't connect the neutrals. That worked a few days and then it burned up all three regulators. That cost em some bucks.

Thing that used to irritate me was on slack spans. Know how everybody puts a neut rack on the side and slacks the neut over to the next pole? Well these dummies would back 2 one spool racks back to back and run the neut over to the next pole. Left this way the neut would then rub the down guy. They took care of that. They would cut a plastic guy guard in half and put it on the neut where it rubbed. Real sharp.

Yeah they learned all that down in Florida I expect.
    didnt mean to start this but just to keep proving their stupidity, lack of training and not understanding safety. We got called to another wire down call last summer after the k. smith grandragon of dikes genre, meaning no longer cutting pole to pole. It is 3:00 pm schools out and kids walking around everywhere, we made the mistake of assuming troubleshooter opened all 3 cutouts on 3 phase lateral where there were at least 10 3 pot banks me and pole buddy arrived before the foreman and just went to the address of trouble. my pole buddy put on the class 2s and picked up the wire to look at needed repairs and guess what the wire starts cracking popping and firing up, the dunbass rat only opened the phase for the wire down hense letting the down wire get backfeed from the transformer banks. Thank God my pole buddy had his gloves and its a miracle no kids touched it cause they were walking all around it when we showed up! Dont get me started on mastec and pike!!!!!!!
    cowboy33

Default swamp

Don't Hate....

Let me tell ya a little story about "shoddy work" mad cow, and your bullshit talk about rat contractors.

When I was in Houston, workin for 3 weeks on the Ike Storm restoration, "shit just flies EVERYWHERE" in a situation like that.

GET the Power back on is the only mission. Material flowed daily for the first 2 weeks....then....
    At the start of week 3, I called my birddog, and said, "Ok man....I need some sleeves, some #2 and 1/0 ACSR, and a shit load of squeeze ons".

He said....
    "You're a Lineman....You know how to put it back together and make it work...no matter what it takes...We ain't got the wire or the sleeves or connectors...there just ain't any. Make it hot any way ya can."

Ya know what I said to him?

"Not a poblem man, but ya know what? When your union boys come around and start findin Splices in wire on #2 ACSR, put together with split bolts and 2 Ft. of 1/0 ACSR....Ya know what they're gonna say don't ya? Fu$kin RATS!!"
    And ya know what he said? "Yup".

So, take your "Training and your Shoddy work" and stick it up your ass.

Rat Contractors make less money than you "Union boys". Shit....You union boys would still be sittin around waitin on the "Correct material" Per your "Contract".

And I'll tell ya somethin else buttwipe, When Rat Contractors are on Property..NOT on Storm...

We are Bird dogged Daily, and our work is INSPECTED to make sure we are DOIN the job ACCORDING to the "specs" of who we're workin for.

Cause if we ain't....Our ass is gone.

Rat Contractors are MORE under the micorscope than your lazy "go by the contract" ass EVER will be...
    cause....You're "Union".

Non Union Contractors... don't do "shoddy" work man. That's Just another union bullshit "try to justify union". As "Better". And....It's CRAP.

You union boys just keep kissin eachothers ass, and doin High Fives. Then get out of the way...cause "Contractors are comin in". Union and Non.

Go talk to mini me about that.

http://www.workforcefairness.com/resources
    No sir you are very wrong, I was on centerpoint property for ike and I know they ran out of material, it was pretty pathetic actually, we used everything off our trucks and then some, however there is no excuses for the crap ive seen being put up in the air in my home town, shoddy is sugarcoting it. You cant convince me that your equal, if you are lets see some quality work from you guys but that will never happen cause you dont know anymore than our early 2nd years. you know whats funny is you guys even look ratty, appearances and the way you present yourself. I know for a fact that some scabs hired people from john 3:16 to help on ike, thats probably how you got in the business swampsh$t.
    cowboy33

Featured Sponsorr

Swampsuck, everyone knows anything goes in the aftermath of a large storm. When the system is unindated you get the lights back on anyway you can. Nothing astounding there. More of your misinformation.

The work I was referring to was done during normal working hours with no stress of a big storm. Yes I do blame the coordinators or bird hounds. However their mistake was trusting the contractors.

Guys like you always spout that crap about kicking contractors off the job. I've always heard it rumored but after a few months they're back again. A little payola under the table always works. That's my theory.

There's one thing about you, you will never admit it when you're wrong.

As far as stature, I'm actually about your size you silly shit. You believe anything you wish sometimes, but you're selective of course. What a clown your are. Stick with impedance or Wye/Wye banks.