1. Default Ibew Local Is Allowing Jobs To Be Contracted Out To Non Union Companys

Featured Sponsor

The Local I Am A Member Of Is, Allowing The Union Jobs In The Utility I Work At Be Contracted Out To Non Union People.

I Would Like All The Strong Union Brothers And Sisters To Comment On This. I Want Your Opinions On This. I Hear All This Banter About You Are Only As Strong As The People In The Local, Your Local Is Only As Strong As The Weakest Link. I Want To Know What You Would Do If Witnessing What Is Going On.

Is Not A Union Suppose To Save Union Jobs? Why Then Is The Union Not Saving Union Jobs, But Rather Giving Into Company And Allowing Jobs To Contracted Out To Non Union Outfits.

Here Are Some Examples

1. Gas And Electric Line Locater After Either Retiring Or Bidding To Another Job Within Company, Locating Job Is Then Outsourced To Great Plains Locating Service Consolidated Locating Services

2. Tree Crews, Union Allowed Tree Crews To Go By The Wayside, And Now We Have Non Union Tree Crews Working On The Property. Union Allowed Jobs To Go

Those Are Just A Couple Examples That Are Happening At Our Local

I Can Tell All Of You That Have Been Bantering About Voicing Our Opinions In Meetings We Do. Their Was Great Opposition To Allowing These Jobs To Go By The Wayside But Guess What, If Fell On Deaf Ears.

I Am Not Non Union, But Rather Union. I Always Have Been, But It Is Getting Very Tiresome To See All That We Once Had Being Eradicated.

Please Don't Tell Me To Go To Meetings, We Are Able To Voice Our Opinions But That Is All. Our Fate Is Decided Like Our Us Govt It Is No Longer A Democracy.

I Disagree With Most Of The Comments That Have Been Thrown Out About The Ibew Or Locals.

Unionism Is Losing Its Grip, Because They No Longer Stand Up For What They Were Once Formed For.

Default weevy

what do you mean "allowed"..this is corporate America my friend,save money,cheapest contract etc.etc..i to am a union man,but i can assure you if you ask some one within that company they will tell you that the union doesn't make the "business" decisions...get used to it..

Default job security

It really seems like no one cares anymore. Everyone is overworked and stretched to the max but look at it as job security. I almost feel like the workforce is so beat down they just do not give a hoot as long as it does not effect their job. I was suprized to see non union lineman working the last storm in a union shop. I ran into a big union person and asked what was going on with that and just shrugged it off the company can do what they want.....hmmmm.

4. Default

We have had non union contractors working on the utility property for years
    union says the company can hire anyone they want and no one can stop them its their money.

What's the union's choice?

All of us have a no-strike clause.

Of course, the more shops we organize the less rats that will be available.

Support EFCA.

I hate it to brother, Contractually we lost that in our negotiations and can no longer do anything about it. We dont talk or even acknowledge the non-union contractors existence. We tell the company that they perform shoddy work and are unsafe, but they are cheap. non-union contractors have been hurt on our property and the last 2 times they got steel toe boots implemented to us and the bucksqeeze, now we are told that they will be a part of our company incentive plan that is compromised of safety goals and work load. Good bye to any attainable goals and incentive.
    cowboy33

Featured Sponsorr

Weevy, why dont you call yourself hit and run. Its like you lash out with a comment and run off never to elaborate on it again??? You sound to me like your pretty disgruntled. I'm our shop steward and lately a lot of our guys thought our BA and I.O. rep was in the companies pocket. Well I had my 1st arbitration case stemming from a year old grievance last week and our BA and I.O. rep did a fantastic job at representing us, it was a great and much needed UNION boost for me. Whether we win or loose it I am satisfied with what my local is doing, could it be better? sure but I believe a local is only as strong as the members. What are you doing for the local other than complaining, cause a good UNION man does more fror his local than just paying dues!!!!!!!
    cowboy33