Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I Once Lived In Pendleton, Oregon Now I am All Over Wyoming & Utah! God I Love The Rocky Mountains!

Thumbs down What A Ratty Outfit!

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Roy56 View Post
    We have a two man crew in an out post doing a set-out and reconductor. No ground man, no third man. Just two service dinks with bucket trucks working on the job alone. Talk about kicking the union in the balls, with the cut backs, working short handed, and now fellow union hands go at it with just two guys. I know it can be done, the same as a single man transformer change out, but it just goes against the common sense rules. Hero's today, but one screw up and it's hammer time!

If you work for Pacific Corp like I think you do then call the hall and have this issue dealt with. Its obvious the foremen or your general foremen wont address the issue, which is sad. These rules about crew makeup are one of the corner stones that separate the union shops from non union shops. This attitude of "make it work" or "its good enough" won’t fly. F*** that! Hold them accountable if you are an IBEW member then you have the control and an obligation over your safety and the safety or you fellow lineman. Shut that job down!

This is the problem when people don’t have an educated workforce about the union or what the rules and guidelines mean that are in the contract or bargaining agreement. All people think the union stands for is better wages and benefits, its also about safety and working conditions, so do yourself a favor and educate yourself then educate everyone around you.

If the foreman was educated about crew makeup he never would have let this happen, he would of told management to go get F***ed and he wont do the job until they had the proper crew. Or call in a union contractor to do the work. Protect the IBEW and what it stands for. Check the rules and address this issue. If you don’t know the rules, or dont care to know the rules then call the hall, I promise you that they want to know about this and they will see it through. Do not let is slide, hold management accountable even if others wont.
    Last edited by damn_encode; 07-01-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Spellng
    That's Oregon Not Oregon!

brock landers Guest

Pacific Power is f---d up anyways.

Are not they all? Grow up fat boy!

Quote Originally Posted by brock landers View Post
    Pacific Power is f---d up anyways.

I will second that!

5. Cool working short handed

Featured Sponsorr

Well now! Being a fellow employee of Roy's and knowing the hands to which he refers I must say that most of these comments are well thought out. However the most important advice is "I feel" to hold the transgressors responsible for the act. Lots of companies have "company unions" and the level of adherence to the union rules is all over the place. Ditto for the level of compliance with the safety rules. The town you are curious about has a population of 3-4 K and no it's not an REA but an outpost with two journeymen. This type of behavior has been not only permitted (dare I say encouraged) but ignored for years as the cost of sending the necessary help is prohibitive. Sadly we are going to see the "less is more" model in this trade in the future. It's being pushed all over the country. The comment about the focus on safety being taken to an absurd level is valid but I feel has more sinister intentions in an aging workforce. What's your pension worth? Do the math. Every termination is a considerable savings to someone. The way to handle this is to follow the rules to the letter. Can't be run off for compliance. Sure frustrates production though. It's a question of who blinks first. Nobody is really getting raped here; We're just going along because it takes less courage to do so.