Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PGE testing.

1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Utility worker positions hit the pg&e website yesterday and today. All over the CA territory. If you want in bad enough you'll take anything from the company and work your way up. Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkypeet View Post
    Utility worker positions hit the pg&e website yesterday and today. All over the CA territory. If you want in bad enough you'll take anything from the company and work your way up. Good luck!!!
    This is the best way to do it...only applying for the pre-apprentice and getting it is like rolling snake-eyes 50 times in a row.

What does PGE think about trying to get into two different programs at the same time? Seems like it would be kind of hard to explain.

4. Default

I don't think they even know. There are so many others applying and it's not just one recruiter responsible for all the jobs. Unless you tell them in the interview that you only want pre-app. That would be sure fire way to ruin your chances of getting in if it was say a utility worker position, but if you want in bad enough you'll take anything even the bottom. Internals move faster within the company then externals...

I want to apply for the utility worker but I'm starting lineschool in about a month. Anyone know how fast they will actually be getting around to making the hires? I don't want to quit lineschool half way through but I also don't want to get offered a job and have to turn it down. I feel like somehow that would come back to haunt me when I try to get the Pre-apprentice job. Also, how long do you have to wait before you can apply internally for another job? Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by dhansell22 View Post
    I want to apply for the utility worker but I'm starting lineschool in about a month. Anyone know how fast they will actually be getting around to making the hires? I don't want to quit lineschool half way through but I also don't want to get offered a job and have to turn it down. I feel like somehow that would come back to haunt me when I try to get the Pre-apprentice job. Also, how long do you have to wait before you can apply internally for another job? Thanks for any advice.
    The line school will allow you to have excused absenses for interviewing or testing, it is encouraged. If pg&e were to offer you a position while still in lineschool i would b-line into pg&e and school will pro rate your time. If you stick it out in lineschool theres no telling when youll land a job, it could be two years or more.

7. Default

So here we are at the end of Feb did anyone get a call for the ALP test? I know they are doing testing in Livermore this Saturday from reading another guys post in another thread. Myself, nope but I'm not giving up. It's what I want to do and if I have to take an entry level position first so be it! My time will come if I don't give up...

Stinky, what's your experience? School? Ground hand?

9. Default

Makohon I work for a utility company. Used to climb for them, but it was only a term job. Now I'm perm trying to work my way up. I've passed all the pre test in PG&E, woi,ist, etc... Just waiting for my call for the ALP. Trying to decided if I want to take a leave in Aug and do the NLC in Oroville. I have a buddy that did that route after the utility job completed us but he was the only one out of his class that got picked up from PG&E. Honestly I wouldn't care if I started at the bottom, like utility worker etc... At least I'd get my foot in the door.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Anyone get a call yet out of those on this thread that were waiting for one? Just checking in to see if anyone has heard anything?