Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Linemen with guns at work??????

Featured Sponsor

I say good for them! Detroit is a sewer now! A once pround working man's town is full of crime now!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

3. Default

Good for them!

Most utilities though, don't allow guns on their property, let alone carried by linemen in company trucks.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Ummmm yep I wudda been fired immediately fer haVIN A FIRearm

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmm yep I wudda been fired immediately fer haVIN A FIRearm
    Im guilty of that too.....let me change that to half guilty....nobody else knew

No guns on our property either.

About 25 years ago had a bomb threat on a transmission line got called in on the weekend to patrol the line thru swamp and brush, that tracked vehicle would have made George Patton proud all six of us were packing shotguns rifles pistols. The boss meets us and has a fit again no guns on co property, told him if some SOB has a bomb he **** well could have a gun and if he wanted us to patrol we were going to try to level the field, he finally left telling us not to get caught.

Here you would be fired if caught with a gun on the job....unless you saved the Ceo;s daughter

I would love to be able to carry at work. We have had three guys held up in the last 13 months. My company has hired about 20 city cops that are on call 24/7 so if we get to an area that we don't like we call corporate security they call the some of the officers on call and with in an hour they are with us. It's nice knowing the bad guys aren't the only ones armed on our jobs.

Featured Sponsorr

an awfullotta bad stuff can happen inna hour