Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sleeves again

Featured Sponsor

Thrasher,can I ask how long the FR pants have been enforced?

Fr Kahki pants, Tshirt, Long sleeve shirt. gloves and sleeves any time in the primary area. Been in FR for about 6 yrs. Been in sleeves since 08. I hate sleeves in the summer.

I dont think Im seeing that here in my area...the FR pants....I could be wrong,calling my Centerpoint Energy friend tommorrow.

we wear f.r. shirts, f.r. jeans, f.r. coats and f.r. coveralls, f.r. stocking hats. the company rents them from a uniform place and they come get them and wash them every week.

Stocking hats.....your saying they too are FR....ok.

Default FR clothing

I think we have been in FR for about 6 years also. Then with the last issue of the NESC we had to start keeping track of ARC rating. Basically from the station recloser/breaker downline we have one level of protection and if upline of the station recloser a higher standard for FR protection.

We wear pants, shirts, bibs, coats, sweat shirts, ski caps, hoods, and when working in energized manhole or on 277/480 we have to wear two layers. Base layer is fr pants and shirt, second layer is coveralls, hood, and goggles. Company pays for all our fr. We submit an order to our supervisor then our order is filled by Tydale.

Talked to a friend today that is on LTD at Centerpoint Energy,been on Ltd for a couple of years. He states that they didnt have to wear the FR pants,but were talking about it...yea that means its coming...I asked about the squeeze...and asked what if a man was working alone and was caught without it....his answer ....fired....I asked what a lineman was making...he says 38.00 per hour for head lineman,so a Jy has to be making around 36plus.

He also stated that he was sent to Flordia one year and they didnt have to wear sleeves on some storm duty.Somehow Pike entered the conversation,he saw tons of Pike trucks....he stated in Ark. on another storm that you had to ground the neutral while picking up the neutral..and so on.

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
    Our uniforms are FR shirt and khaki pants not Jeans. Ours come from Riverside, they sell the jeans also but the CEO wanted a "uniform" look, so rejected jeans. FR jeans are also available from Bulwark.
    FR everything, jeans, 12 cal shirts so that means layered. FR jackets, bibs, winter balaclavas to keep the cold out. I've worn sleeves since 1972, I'd hang em up in a heartbeat.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt