Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by joelineman View Post
    im a journeyman lineman in the northeast area. i have seen a serious decline in safety focus. so now i am trying to come up with a product for companies to use to encourage daily safety awareness. is it unethical for me too want to use the stories of those who have been in accidents and have seen safety shortcomings to motivate linemen to take safety seriously. i want to remind those in our industry that conplaisancy is unacceptable. if anyone has any opinions please share
    them.
    Don't feel alone Joe. The attitude for safety out here in the West has gone south. As far as a tool? The best tool to have is a good attitude, and try to encourage others to do the right thing.

I try to remind the younger hands that Henry Miller wanted ALL of us to do the right thing. And if you're an IBEW Journeyman Lineman, you're expected to uphold the standards of the union in the utmost manner. Safety is paramount!

I also try to employ the IBEW's Code of Excellence. And remind guys that when they took the oath to the IBEW, you were taking an oath to do the right thing.

I have a hard time with this whole out law lineman mentality. Guys think they have to cut corners to feel cavalier.