Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Mr.433.........that reminds me..........when I was a teen I wanted to walk those beams of steel while doing iron-work........well I did but as a carpenter.........walking across joist and two by four walls..........with wood..........had a few joist break while walking across.........due mainly knots in the wood.............but i have to ask you what was the highest that you have been..........and Id guess the answer will be yes to the next question............but would you enjoy being up on a 100 plus story building.........like the twin towers were or the Sears tower.........kinda windy up there huh?
    The highest i have personally been is about 800 feet, and yes i would enjoy enjoy working on 100 plus stories, I guess technicaly i have been that high before have you heard of the sky walk at the grand canyon its way up there 4000 feet, its a big horse shoe shaped cantilever that has a glass floor that people can walk out on look it up on the web its pretty cool we did that, oh and the hoover dam bypass bridge

Quote Originally Posted by iwlv433 View Post
    The highest i have personally been is about 800 feet, and yes i would enjoy enjoy working on 100 plus stories, I guess technicaly i have been that high before have you heard of the sky walk at the grand canyon its way up there 4000 feet, its a big horse shoe shaped cantilever that has a glass floor that people can walk out on look it up on the web its pretty cool we did that, oh and the hoover dam bypass bridge
    Yes Ive heard of the sky walk,seen photos........been to Hoover Dam..........before the bridge was built................been up on the CN Tower............now that was impressive................i would guess we have the same fears............meaning I would hate to be climbing a pole during an earthquake...........and Im sure you wouldnt want to be on a beam during an earthquake.........although it would be a trip.

Default I have a weird internal fear of a big CME at work.

If the sun has a big mass coronal ejection its going to burn up some stuff!!

Transformers are going to be in short supply for a while.

Nothing that keeps me from working but it lurks because I cannot control it.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Yes Ive heard of the sky walk,seen photos........been to Hoover Dam..........before the bridge was built................been up on the CN Tower............now that was impressive................i would guess we have the same fears............meaning I would hate to be climbing a pole during an earthquake...........and Im sure you wouldnt want to be on a beam during an earthquake.........although it would be a trip.
    that would be a ride whats cn tower

Quote Originally Posted by iwlv433 View Post
    that would be a ride whats cn tower
    the cn tower in toronto,canada.........look it up on youtube.........more interesting find out how they built it............the rebarb.......the concrete..ect.

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.”

Remember this.

Default fear

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.”

Remember this.

Its all relative. This is me 400 ft up a tower in WALES doing some fibre optic work on the earth wire.

BUT you'd be just as "killed" if ya fell off a 50 foot pole (probably)

Trouble is. After working at a higher altitude , when ya come down in height ya get complacent. "I'm guilty of this" ...... Its not the height its your attitude to it, that matters.

Being a bit nervous is a GOOD thing....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by wantafastz28 View Post
    Everyone is different, i was deathly afraid to be above a ladder that's higher than 12 feet, but one of my jobs promotions required me to do tower climbing, took me 2 times of climbing 100ft tower and i was over it... in my climbing class as of right now, we are 6 months into it, climb literally everyday, and still have people freezing/panicking at 30-55ft. Just gotta force yourself to get over it if you want it bad enough.
    Yeah I agree, well said.

Featured Sponsorr

I agree with that, thats the last thing you want to do is to get cocky up there.