Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Tools

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    The quality of satellite images varies from area to area. As time goes on it will get better. Some areas have maps that have been enhanced by aerial photography which Google finds and slots in to increase the resolution.

I live next to a stadium called Hampden and the aerial images are very high resolution because it's a landmark.

When I got my first Tom Tom sat-nav it made finding jobs so much easier. Now it's in my phone it's even better.

I'm sure the companies will catch on as the technology improves. You can bet the companies that provide work related sat nav software are charging a fortune for it. Get them to buy you a defibrillator first.

In a metropolitan area a smart phone does just fine, but smart phones do not have the satellite receiver that a GPS has. I have heard that Garmin is coming out with a smart phone.

Featured Sponsorr

Before I retired, we had the laptops in the trucks with a company AM/FM/GIS mapping system.........gave you all kinds of info, fuse sizes, # of customers, device type/size, pot size/load, #of customer on a pot..all kinds of good stuff.........the GPS on it wasn't activated then, but it is now and works good.it'll work when the laptop isn't hitting a cell tower!!

It wasn't too helpful in the oile fields, cause you could still see where you needed to be, but cause the roads weren't well marked on the maps...sometimes not there...you just had to ride around until you found the right road!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often