Threaded View

1. Default Hoffman Boot Repair

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but I just wanted to let everyone know how hoffman handles the repair of their boots. I bought a pair of their Powerline boots and after about 4 months the heel came loose on them, I contacted them about repair assuming it was still under a factory warranty and they would back them. I then learned that they only have a 90 day warranty and I would be responsible for payment for the repairs. So I went ahead and sent them in before it got any worse. I'll have pictures posted below of the before and after of the boots. I was far from pleased with the repair, they patched a piece of leather on the heel of the boots, where they sewed it on at top looked like they took about 5 seconds to do it, and nailed the leather to the sole of the boot. Also the leather they used was not even close to the same color as the leather my boot is made of. I called them to let them know it was unacceptable and the only thing they offered to do was for me to send the boots in for them to die the leather. I'm already into this repair $75 between shipping and paying them for the repair work and were not willing to refund any of that. Hoffman makes the most comfortable I've ever climbed/worked in but the craftmanship is sub par. Take a look at the pictures and you can make your own opinion.