Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by unionhand View Post
    i couldn't agree with you guys any more, and everyone i have this discussion with agrees too. the union is pride and excellence. pride in what not knowing how to climb and you dont have to be excellent at climbing if you have the bucksqueeze. wish that all union members would stand together (like a brotherhood should) and say no. but you know as well as i do that all the kiss asses and company puppets would never agree with the real brothers.
    My 3rd day in linework i was told to climb a 90 ft pole to land a crossarm(h structure), when i was up there i was scared shitless and decided when i get down im gonna quit this is crazy. but when i got down-i looked up-and i realized what i did and thought i was to coolest kid in town so instead of quiting i learned to climb better and higher. any joe schmoe of the street can not do what i can do on a pole. but if you would of given me a buck squeeze on day one. i would have no confidence in my climbing just the false confidence in my bucksqueeze. just the same as joe schmoe.

im proud of my speed and ability to climb but you put me in a bucksqueeze and 100% belted off and do pole top rescue
    VS
    A second step app who can free climb till he gets to the victim and not be messing around with, cable tele service ect.. the kid wins, thats a LIFE.

you put anyone on top that pole about to die and they say screw the bucksqueeze.

ps i would never use a bucksqueeze for pole top rescue, i wouldnt use it to hang a service drop if my scarestrap was on fire.

also what halls are requireing code of ethics to sign. thanks
    April 1, 2008.........last day I Free-climbed on Entergy property as a company hand...........Thank God I didn't have to do Pole top rescue before I retired....cause I would have Free climbed and said to hell with the Fsqueeze....and taken my chances with the company laying me off or firing me..............but my Brother would be ALIVE!!!!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often