Threaded View

Default oilfield lines with a neutral but a delta line?

hey im just an app and nobody can give me an answer i work with so here goes the question..... why is there a neutral when the line is a delta out in the oilfields? all the transformers are hooked up delta on the primary so whats the deal?? also does the ''neutral/ground/or???'' have the same potential of being dangerous like on a wye system?? sorry if its a stupid? but these oilfield guys are a joke and i cant get a answer... also.... say there is a capacitor bank 10 spans away and you go up to change... lets say you have to change a insulator.... the line gets killed and my lineman goes up without gloves or grounding the line and goes to change the insulator bare handed... what is the possibility of getting zapped from the cap bank? just wondering because they never ground it out here and there are cap banks that i know are never disconnected when the lines are worked on so im just curious about procedure and what can and cant happen... yes i know i need to get out of this oilfield bs and go utility but this is just my foot in the door and i am looking and applying at many utility companies