Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sad NEWS

Default Parents sue Centerpoint after children get electrocuted

Featured Sponsor

TX – Parents should never have to watch their kids defy death. But that’s what one Spring, Texas family is going through after their five-year-old boy and three-year-old girl were badly burned by an electrical wire in their very own backyard.

Now the little ones aren’t just fighting for their lives, their parents are fighting the energy company.

The father Christopher Zarsky lays it all out in a lawsuit. He says his three kids were playing outside when a loose wire touched an energy pole, knocking the two kids unconscious.

Attorney Tony Buzbee said, “The guy wire is connected in such a way to the pole that when it breaks free, it creates a risk that it could become electrified.”

Zarsky says his little girl wasn’t breathing and was on fire. The siblings have been in intensive care at Shriner’s Hospital in Galveston since February 17. Buzbee says they have a long road to recovery.

In the lawsuit, Zarsky also says he had previously alerted Centerpoint Energy about the loose wire, but the company did nothing about it.

Buzbee says Centerpoint didn’t even tell the Zarsky’s the loose wire could be dangerous.

Centerpoint is now accused of gross negligence.

Neighbor Davis Keaton said, “People pay money to these companies month after month after month, and they don’t come out and fix anything.”

Centerpoint officials declined to comment

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...h&VID=24500925

Criticism
    In December 2011, the non-partisan organization Public Campaign criticized CenterPoint Energy for spending $2.65 million on lobbying and not paying any taxes during 2008-2010, instead getting $284 million in tax rebates, despite making a profit of $1.9 billion, and having an executive pay between $12 and $13 million for its top 5 executives.[8]

Im still waiting to hear anything about the children involved,right now is perhaps the worst ,with the infections and all. I remember watching a video in a safety meeting and thinking of the pain involved,I imagine most of you have seen those vids too .Just letting you guys know that Ill inform you when I get more news....no news might be good news....I just cant imagine how the parents are dealing with it....spending all this time and lots more in the future at the hospital....but I wish the kids well....

I havent heard anything else on this situation....so how does it all play out?Is the news media being told or paid off to keep it out of the news.....The lawyer involved has filed suit....but that is all that has been said......or is this a settlement type of deal,where the lawyer can basically name his price and keep all of this hush/hush where the lawyer gets his cash and the company wont look as bad in the public view......just my opinion but Id bet a settlement would be around the $ 200million figure...how does these cases work?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I havent heard anything else on this situation....so how does it all play out?Is the news media being told or paid off to keep it out of the news.....The lawyer involved has filed suit....but that is all that has been said......or is this a settlement type of deal,where the lawyer can basically name his price and keep all of this hush/hush where the lawyer gets his cash and the company wont look as bad in the public view......just my opinion but Id bet a settlement would be around the $ 200million figure...how does these cases work?
    So there is alway a "Non-Disclosure" agreement or what's called a "Gag Order" to keep things out of the press.....

Sad but true is the fact that the lawsuit or settlemnt is worth more if the victim survives. Follow the link and read on.......

http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Bod...ry-Settlements