Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Power lineman. When your good your good.

Featured Sponsor

We all log on to power lineman for different reasons. From educational to having a laugh at gingers ... BUT . WHEN IT WORKS ....it takes it to another level.

Young Irish guy contacted me about the possibilities of getting a linesmans position in the UK. Saw my posts about moving from Scotland to Wales ..etc etc. He Had had served his time as an apprentice in Ireland. But as most people know. There is a massive recession in Ireland so no possibilities of work there at the moment.

Between the contacts we've built up over the years. And the fact that there is massive amounts of work going on in the UK. Bottom line .... We managed to get him a job with our company. " freedoom" So powerlineman has taken a young fellow from being unemployed in Ireland. To a job in wales. Now that's when a forum is worth celebrating. When it changes people's lives for the better. Except for the fact that the poor chap will have to work in my crew, it's all good. ...

So he starts with us on the 18 th of feb... Thanks to powerlineman ..
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

2. Default Nice.

Fair play to him for chasing down a job an fair play for you giving da guy some help

Shall we call him little B.....yes its good to see ,I imagine he will always have a Toilet to sit on,a few banannas to snack on,and many laughs to laugh about....what a lucky lad.

Default No probs

Quote Originally Posted by paul maxwell View Post
    Fair play to him for chasing down a job an fair play for you giving da guy some help
    Just pushed at an open door. We needed guys. He needed a start. Win win.
    He lives near the other guys in Ireland ...so will travel together, we've a big house rented so it will cut the rent into fifths instead of quarters. And my crew was a man short. So he can do some of the climbing for this old timer,

You never know Bren.....his name might be Larry.

I just hope he's not a ginge, given your blatant gingerism.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

That's cool to hear, I've been trying to help anyone i can that shows interest in the trade via the power lineman site, i know it was a pain in the ass when i was trying to find info for myself to get started, been trying to pay it forward ever since, so far 3 people i've helped out have gotten an apprenticeship, hopefully the info i gave them helped.

Yep its a great feeling helping a young fella get into the trade, I have helped a few, now my young lad is interested too. He is going to do a co-op stint with my friend that has a small pole line business, from there it can only get better

Default The little guy

The little teenager that "KNOWS EVERYTHING " in my life. Won't be following me into the trade. Can't get him outside in the summer months. I think he would get withdrawal symptoms if he wasn't connected to the Internet for more than an hour.

Tried to teach him how to change a tyre in case he is with his mum when she gets a puncture.

He reckoned he would google it if the situation arose.

Wadaya gonna do. ???????

Featured Sponsorr

Ive often noticed that as well....how do kids of hardworking parents be the totally the opposite.Like some priest Ive known....some of their kids are plain ole mean...crime-sters....Then you got the guy in JC.Penny working in the ladies dept.selling x- your heart bras,his son may be a welder.