Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeves again

Default Sleeves again

Featured Sponsor

For you guys that are required to wear sleeves..If your company decided that you could work without them...would you still wear them or work sleeve-less.I have only worked for one company that was some-what strict about wearing them,depending on the area..I assume they kind of grow on some of the guys,and assume that some would love seeing them go.

I started 20 years ago not wearing sleeves, about 10 years ago our company required us to wear sleeves where needed. I dont mind them but i would rather not wear them and just cover up a little better. Most guys that i see that were taught from the beginning wearing sleeves all the time are alot less carefull with their elbows and forearms than the guys that learned without them.

I'm pretty sure most all utilities around my area are all cradle to cradle.. I learned in sleeves so it doesn't bother me as long as my whites keep passing! I still keep a close eye to my forearms an elbows sleeves are meant for accidental contact not a free pass to be a sloppy lineman..

We are ground to ground with gloves and sleeves. I never worn just gloves and don't have problem with that while in the air. However I hate the fact our procedures also make us wear them while working in energized pad mounted equipment.

I have never even had a pair of sleeves on and hopefully never will. What I don't understand is with the stuff around you properly covered why would you be reaching past the phase you are working on.

While at one company it was required...90 miles away working for the same company it was on paper required....I was brought up to protect your rubbers and they would protect you,that doesnt mean to climb with rubbers on,and using rubbers to handle hot sticks.Work gloves are for climbing....And cant see bucket to bucket rules to fix something that isnt hot.....but thats just me and I dont make the rules,so might as well follow them.

7. Default

Good for You Lewy.

Sounds like they still use "common sense" up there in Canada.

Down here we just try to "Bullet Proof" Linemen.

I'm actually surprised there's not been a "Rubber Jacket suit" invented yet for linemen when they have to climb or work out of a bucket...
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Is it too late to throw in FR jeans? Who is required to wear them?And if so please tell me the company supplies them....kinda new to me.

Have only used sleeves while working off of a Baker board, never used them any other time and have definately never seen the need for them cradle to cradle, all the rubber in the world is no substitution for proper training.

Default FR Kahki pants

Featured Sponsorr

Our uniforms are FR shirt and khaki pants not Jeans. Ours come from Riverside, they sell the jeans also but the CEO wanted a "uniform" look, so rejected jeans. FR jeans are also available from Bulwark.