Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just fOr

Featured Sponsor

Well Reppy the Douglas firs were for driving range, they are being used to hold up the netting that keeps the golf balls on the property. Most utilities here use pine or western cedar for line poles

120 ft self support dead end pole, steel 2 piece, 18000 pound base, 8000 pound top... used 2 diggers to get it off the trailer and a crane to set it, tried posting a pic but it's not happening.

Last week we set two 110' H4's at 11,000 lbs a piece. Used a Mantis on those. Couple years ago we set two 105' H2's with a digger, it didn't like it but it worked. I've set steel pole bases that weighed 43,000 lbs, used a 100 ton RT crane. Also set two 50' H1's using a backyard machine.

You guys are talking about some serious weight...by the way...whats a Mantis?

Short version, it's a cranes upper works and boom mounted on excavator tracks.

Heaviest lift I have ever been involved with was 63,000 lbs, a station transformer

Featured Sponsorr

We set a 120 footer, I think it was a H2. Cut off to 110 foot. It speced out at 12000 pounds.
    Was the lower pole in a H structure on the side of a hill. Set it with a 60 foot digger truck.
    Had the truck chained off to two trucks on top of the hill to prevent sliding and used oak cribbing to jack the back of the truck up close to level. Could see the under carriage when standing next to the truck. I was a little nervous