Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default after Line School in California

Featured Sponsor

I'm a student at LATTC and I'll get my climbing cert in December. All the alumnus rave about Local 47 in SoCial and 1245 in NorCal. I wanted to know if anyone knows about any less competitive groundman books in the Northwest or Southwest regions where I can get some groundman hours? Or parts of the country where apes/groundman are needed, the info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Default

I just came out of LATTC the semester before you. 47 and 1245 are the best locals to go to, but like you said, they have the longest lists. I've signed the books in Oregon 125 and Colorado 111. What I suggest you do is get your CDL with the Tanker Endorsement. I have a friend who was #85 on book 3 at 47. They skipped all the people in front of him and called him. Right now I'm pretty sure I am going to be called pretty soon.

I also suggest if you really want the work to sign up in Texas or South Dakota. Both were suggested to me at the Union halls. I'm number 11 in Oregon and haven't got a call yet.

Good luck.

3. Default

Sal and Joe I think were hangin out around the poleyard and got called out almost immediately after getting their CDLs w/ the tanker endorsements. I think that's the guy who got moved up from #87. I would love to stay in CA but I want as many irons in the fire as possible. Thanx for the info brother.

4. Default Apprentiship

I would suggest applying for Southwestern JATC @ www.swlcat.org if u want an Apprentiship there in need of apes right now especially in the Texas area (Amarillo). So don't waist any time apply now.......

5. Default

Thanx Marquez I'm going to send them an app soon as I get my CDL

I was wanting to get my CDL before I get out of the Navy, is there a driving test you have to take for that (sorry if that sounds stupid) and whats the difference between a class A and B or what not...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I was wanting to get my CDL before I get out of the Navy, is there a driving test you have to take for that (sorry if that sounds stupid) and whats the difference between a class A and B or what not...
    You need to read the manual, and you need a class A.

so its just a written test for the class A?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    so its just a written test for the class A?
    For a permit yes ... you need to take a driving test to get your license for a class A, B, or C(bus).

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by wantafastz28 View Post
    For a permit yes ... you need to take a driving test to get your license for a class A, B, or C(bus).
    ahh... got ya. cool. Thanks!