Threaded View

Default wheres the meter

Had one years ago when I worked as a one man ,old part of town called Pasadena,everything was hard to locate from the start,including the address.Nobody answered the door and there was # 4 alumin. feeding this one room house,it might have had two rooms,hell I still dont know.I followed the drops back several hundred feet to a big time rats nest,every few feet the insulation was cracked,oxidized,many,many bad /broken places in the neutral...it fed from a ct meter...but it wasnt the only one feeding from that meter,there were many service drops going to that weatherhead on the customers side,all in bad shape.I never seen a set up like this,there must have been close to thirty one room shacks feeding from that meter,and i guess the landlord could charge basically what he wanted for electrical.......the whole thing smelled fishy,,,around a week later I was informed that the owner of all that land was the local mayors buddy.....this whole set up looked like the suicide pole photos....you couldnt really tell what wire went where from the ground,and it probaly looked worse if you climbed the pole and had to deal with it.