1. Default how do some poeple sleep at night?

Featured Sponsor

i was on a site wed,thurs this week,simple job erect totam pole(10mtr)with h.v fuses 100kva trannie,h.v cable then lv.cable.things were going great till around thurs at 2pm when a enw saftey auditer turns up.now i am fine with this guy turning up coz i personaly dont mind being audited coz if i have(or my guys)have missed anything out then fair enuff&if no then it gives you a good boost.now my gripe with this clown is this,when we had wired the transformer the standered way this guy procceds to tell me to change the l.v nutreal lead to the cable to 70mm green/yellow?when i pointed out that only the h.v earth should be g/y & that it is correct the way we did it(double ins grey blue)he lost the rag and started to insist i leave sitebut i didnt and even when there own enw cable joiner pointed out that he wiz wrong did he calm down and go and make a phone call to a enw lineman now when he returns he didnt admit that he wiz wrong and tryed to pick other things wrong(after 20 mins of not finding anythin)he decided to turn his attention to the cablers and because he didnt find anything there either he just kinda stood there looking like a ****,but the thing that wiz his last thing to do was stand and watch the cablers shovel 1ton of sand(by hand) into the hole then tell them it was the wrong type of sandand this little **** made them take it all out again(you should have seen his face tho when my an the boys joined in to help them)he wiz well gutted coz he thought it would have been only the 2 joiners instead it ended up all of us working together to shift it.man it was like that scene from cool hand luke when they laugh when shoveling to tar the roadthen this little hitler buggered of didnt even say goodbye

Sounds like the typical pen pushing "safety" moron that has never worked in any trade in his life. Britain is full of them. It's the dry rot of industry.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Never !!!!!!

Funny that they are never there when ya need one....

Even when our own engineers come out to do a safety audit... They can only comment on the
    state of the mess room or the vans...... Because...they don't really know what to look for as
    regards linework ... ( we need a linesman.....or ex linesman to safety audit us "so he knows what to look out for ).
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default Had one a few weeks ago

Won't say where but he appeared with every bit of ppe on you could imagine including a head torch attached to his hard hat (in case the lights fail apparently)...

Pulled me for the wrong sort of safety sign and wearing leather gloves on a warm day, we were 8 floors up on a flat roof and he was lucky my guys didn't show him the fast way back to the ground

Stu

Wonder what college he went too? Are you guys sure it wasnt Prince William,he seems to be everywhere,I hear he recently saved somebody,they never do give anyone else the credit when Royals are involved,guess he's a one man.

Featured Sponsorr

On one hand I believe that nobody should be allowed to work as a safety officer unless they have served at least twenty years in a trade. But on the other hand I know some tradesmen who turned into officious morons when they got promoted off the tools.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com