Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what the heck!

1. Default what the heck!

Featured Sponsor

So today we were working a triple three phase dead end pole, three stagard cross arms and before both my lineman went up I asked them if they wanted there shirts and sleeves, both just said na its too hot! I sat there in shock and said ya but so is the dang lines. Both were up in between phases with cover up but no sleeves! How do I get through to them that if im oo learn from them it has to be the right way? I cant go to anyone really eere just a village municipal no one understands electric, how can I solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by rustyhook39 View Post
    So today we were working a triple three phase dead end pole, three stagard cross arms and before both my lineman went up I asked them if they wanted there shirts and sleeves, both just said na its too hot! I sat there in shock and said ya but so is the dang lines. Both were up in between phases with cover up but no sleeves! How do I get through to them that if im oo learn from them it has to be the right way? I cant go to anyone really eere just a village municipal no one understands electric, how can I solve this?
    Im thinking that wearing sleeves is a rule where you are,here it isnt.Dont rock the boat,your turn will come and it will be up to you as to weather you follow the rules or not.I dont know all the details,a safety rep might change their way of thinking,depends on how strict they are.I know you want them to work safe, but you cant change some guys and the bad habits they use.

Rusty, Are you any good at Pole Top Resuce and CPR? is your cell phone charged up and in a service area? Do you know the address you are working at? Is there any other crews close by in case of an emergency?

Now are you ready if anything happens to your work mates?

In My opinion that's plain and simple Bull dukie. . .Work safe.
    Heros become zeros in no time doing this work!

Default You

You've got a mouth..... USE IT !

Or it will become habit.... And then you will be pier pressured into doing it as well.

" your funeral "
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

5. Default

I am Bucket truck rescue certified but I never wanna use my training. My phone is always charged and ready luckily, honestly e expectd more common sence from a 27 year guy and 15 year guy.

6. Unhappy where was

anything can go wrong ,shame on them [quote] poletop13

7. Unhappy where was

anything can go wrong ,shame on them [quote] poletop13

We don't have to wear sleeves & hopefully we never will, I have been between covered phases more times than I can remember & felt perfectly safe & comfortable. That being said if your rules clearly call for sleeves in this particular case than they should be wearing them.

The saddest thing about the whole deal is that a younger guy seems to be concerned with safety more than those who are in the so called danger area.The example they are setting isnt too impressive.

Featured Sponsorr

Ummmmmmmmmmm I have mixed emotions on the sleeve issue/ They are big time hot and uncomfortable and they can cause folks to take short cuts, resulting in some serious prollems. They cut off all air circulation to the upper body and in 100 degree heat that can dehydrate you quick fast and inna hurry.I beleive in some instances they are warrented but often the rules are so inflexibale that they become mandatory in all multiphase applications.Spacing and clearances should be considered when making them mandatory.Wearing the dern things for simple stuff isnt ever warrented in My opinion.