Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: what the heck!

1. Default what the heck!

Featured Sponsor

.....Man, some days I sure wish we did not have the "cradle to cradle" rule requiring us to wear gloves and sleeves from the moment we leave the ground to the moment we return. Yesterday, I got so hot in my sleeves, changing out a three phase buck arm pole, that I felt my head would pop off!! Rusty, I do have a question regarding your first post.....you stated that you asked the guys if they "wanted their SHIRTS and SLEEVES....", just wondering if they put their shirts on or not? Now working WITHOUT FR clothing in hot primary is worse than stupid....Did they refuse to wear their shirts as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Next time before they go up to work in energized primary like that you give them both a pad and pen and ask them to write down whatever they might want to say to their wives or children. .
    Then, with that same pad and pen you can take their lunch order, grunt!

Quote Originally Posted by rustyhook39 View Post
    To be honest I have never seen our rule book, but I am going by what I am used too. I was told and taught if we have it we are gonna use it. Its there for our safety, and it can save your life. Thats the way I look at it.
    You really should have a copy & know your rules, it is your employers responsibility to make sure you have a copy or it is here anyway. Back to your topic if it is not in your rules I defiantly would not have been wearing sleeves & nobody would have made me wear them because they were not comfortable without them.

4. Default

No they did not have their FR clothing on as well, I was on the ground and had mine on too try and make a point but they said they didnt need it. I did happen to ask about a rule book they wouldnt tell me where its at but just said its not really a rule book just more of a guide line, I almost felt dumber for hearin that statement. And as far as writing down lunch orders I may be a grunt apprentice whatever but I if you want lunch out of me I say I have to prove myself you better do the same.

WOW!! It sounds like that utility had better be getting ready for a serious accident soon. From what you have posted they don't take training or safety serious enough. The utility I work for has a ground to ground glove rule, but thankfully no sleeves. We just cover the crap outta everything. I try to make sure I follow the rules, and I expect the same from my guys. If an apprentice or even a young lineman has any questions about what I'm doing, I want him to ask. I can miss something or forget something as easily as anyone else. Stay safe Brother, it'll pay off when you are the senior man.

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by rustyhook39 View Post
    To be honest I have never seen our rule book, but I am going by what I am used too. I was told and taught if we have it we are gonna use it. Its there for our safety, and it can save your life. Thats the way I look at it.
    A Municipality, REA, Government related company should have their own Safety Rules, but if they don't then as a minimum OSHA regulations must be followed. Go to osha.gov and print the CFR 29 1910 269 regs for your benefit.