Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what the heck!

Default Rubber goods

Featured Sponsor

My former foreman would have blended in good with these guys.He would throw the rubber goods down in the bed of the truck on top of scrap wire,junk material.Why would ya take a chance on poking a hole in your blankets.Ya need to take care of your protective cover up along with your extendo sticks shotguns etc.I wipe them down every once in a while and especially after a rain storm.I keep a treated hot stick rag in the bin with the sticks.These guys are in for a rude awakening.Its called a fault.TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING.Can't say it enough.Sounds like they lack common sense along with being complacent.Im going to stop kicking the dead horse thou.If ya think somethings wrong it probably is.
    Last edited by birdog37; 08-03-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyhook39 View Post
    My goal is to stay safety minded and learn as much as I can the right way. But i do keep an eye on everyone bottom line is I know I dont know it all but I trust my life to only me.
    That sir, is a great way of thinking!
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

3. Default

Its the only way too think I believe. Ill be honest I got fired from a contractor a couple years ago for an unsafe act and you know what I honestly believe they did me a favor. I was 19 cocky thought I had the world by the balls but now I see it a different way we dont have the luxury of second chances and me well im 22 and have a wife and a two year old at home that I am going to go home too no matter what and I really think I should thank them for openin my eyes.

Its the only way too think I believe. Ill be honest I got fired from a contractor a couple years ago for an unsafe act and you know what I honestly believe they did me a favor. I was 19 cocky thought I had the world by the balls but now I see it a different way we dont have the luxury of second chances and me well im 22 and have a wife and a two year old at home that I am going to go home too no matter what and I really think I should thank them for openin my eyes.
    great attitude,keep going

5. Default

Im tryin man i did get a call this week from another municipal and its actually the town i live in so my fingers are crossed.

6. Default

Bro the best thing to do is work safe. Protect yourself even if someone else gets hurt. Example hurt man rescue, if the injured person is unconcious in a live circuit your not gonna go and grab him without rubber gloves or protective equipment. Work safe and smart and you will go home at the end of the day uninjured.

Rusty , I read all this and you never said if it was a rule to wear sleeves, we just started wearing sleeves in 4 kv, our only tested cover up is blankets, just started testing snakes( hose ) again, IMO sleeves make you sloppy , you think you can get away with more than you think you can, it used to be taught you work right in front of you , as an old leader said " I don't do tuneups or mufflers " hope you can figure that out, before you start questioning others practices maybe you should discuss it with them.

8. Default

To be honest I have never seen our rule book, but I am going by what I am used too. I was told and taught if we have it we are gonna use it. Its there for our safety, and it can save your life. Thats the way I look at it.

To be honest I have never seen our rule book, but I am going by what I am used too. I was told and taught if we have it we are gonna use it.
    Just because you're taught something somewhere, doesn't make it so somewhere else. Find out what the rules are at the company you're at now before you start b*tchout about guys being unsafe. And, because we have it we're going to use it is a bad way of thinking. This thinking does not make you or your task at hand any safer.

Default Simple solution.

Featured Sponsorr

Next time before they go up to work in energized primary like that you give them both a pad and pen and ask them to write down whatever they might want to say to their wives or children. Or what they might want them to know. That way when they are killed from their careless and thoughtless behavior you won't be stuck with trying to explain it to their families.