Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Small enough to put in a toolbox? LMAO!
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    Small enough to put in a toolbox? LMAO!
    Now that was a good one.....ohh that toolbox.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Generally speaking the loudest and most obnoxious are also physically very small.

Poisoned dwarves as we say in the UK.
    Haha...we call that little man syndrome here in southern california.
    We just have a lot of "punks" that get in the trade here. They have almost no social skills; I imagine many were bullied and teased growing up, some had 'daddy issues'. They top out and are thrown into a position of power and suddenly they're taking all their frustration out on anyone that will allow it....It's just pathetic.

if it was any of your business you would know

Default attitudes

investigation into the past of some people will show that some of those di&ckeads where junk apprentices that should have never made it

Humble is not equal to a pushover. Treat people as you would like to be treated

Why the egos and arrogance? It's always baffled me through the years. I think it must be with any trade really. Not just linemen.

My husband likes to pick and tease. Always has. If he picks on you, you know you are considered a friend. Just the other night I over heard him and Purdy (our young neighbor who works in a local utility power plant) going back and forth on whose job is the most important. Purdy starts with how he has climbed higher than any lineman he knows has. Then here comes my hubby with, "You are Homer Simpson man. You have sticky notes to tell you what button to hit."

It's never ending. Arragance? Egos? I thought most men have that!

Default i ve been doing this for 20 years and i ask that question everyday.

Its gotten to the point I do everything. Work picture has been so good for too long that men forgot how to work. Its easier too politick, stab backs, and gossip than just go to work. Setting poles and we hit bedrock at 4 feet. We hit both sides of the old pole.with the auger to get the deepest we could then hand dig with a compressor and a rock bar to get the other 2 and a half. This JL called every pole we set and he wanted it closer to the old pole. Our new pole was in line, all single phase tangents, road access in fields.This moron called every time. Ummm. . .I guess his wrist was hurting to carry a pole top pin and a neutral spool, and two tie wires, and to move the pistol grip an extra foot to transfer and cut the old pole. WTF! These guys hang out in the trailer for an hour and gossip. By the time they get out of the yard, we will have a pole set. And now I just transfer it myself, so I dont have the headaches or the bull****. Instead of knocking on twenty doors and taking outages I will parallel. I really dont think these guys can parrallel. I dont care anymore, my partner is an older hand he doesnt care anymore either. We just work and get **** done. I figured that gossip, backstabbing, arrogance. . . Is just lack of ability, confidence and their weaknesses. . .I know I have done every tough transfer and tough set. My gf knows it. He listens to the fags all bellyaching. He knows whose working and whose worthless. He lets them talk away and shovel their own graves. . .hopefully you guys got a gf like my gf. When you are a three man crew outproducing three four man crews. The numbers dont lie. Its really easy too look good here and I am not even trying. Just imagine if I really tried. Instead ounces of bull****, arrogance and backstabbing, it would be pounds and tons. If they are talking about you, then you are successful. They will bring up a bad day you had 10 years ago, dig up anything about you. . .Guess what it doesnt matter. . .Dont care and dont get caught up with it. The only thing that matters is what you do tommorrow! Good luck and kick ass gentleman!

In my expieraince the ones that were the D---heads were the ones that had self esteme issues. I tried to treat people right and when I was a trainer and someone came to me saying so and so was a d'head I'd say learn from him and don't treat your help like that remember how it felt. and sooner or later that nob will get his. . .they always do.

When I was a lineman in training we had a training rig where trainees would work real world jobs lead by a foreman and a training lineman. We'd do dead work on primary restrings or new lines into subdivisions and hot secondary work like replacing 3 wire opens with triplex drops. I was the lowest in senority out of the three trainees on the crew and we hung a transformer on a new stick. We set up and I had to take the work signs down the road and get back for a tailboard so I hustled. When I got back the foreman set out the standard book and had a review of how this pole would look. I was to be on the pole with another trainee and I went up first. Got up to the top, tied off the hand line and waited for the second trainee to come up. He got up there and asked me what were the hole locations? I said didn't you get the info at the tailboard? He said that's what I got you for!

When we were all done we started cleaning up and he pulled the "you make up the tr blocks I've got senority". Just a knob.

This guy pulled that sort of crap for about 3 or 4 years. He went to the Trouble department just before I did and and got fired for stealing a government tax refund check off a customers table and trying to cash it at his bank where they knew he wasn't the person on the check. . . .A real goof. . .I moved up one in senority that day.

Sometimes you just can't get past one like this but they usually work themselves off the property.

Sounds like a total goofball T-man,took a check and tried to cash it,how much time did this jerk have anyway?

Oh I guess he was a lineman for two or three years and a trouble shooter for maybe the same before he pulled that stunt.

Featured Sponsorr

This is the same mentality out of town, everyone is there to help and get the lights on but at the bar or dinner they act like Dbags, no one is better than anyone local or contractor, I talk and hang w anyone, and treat my guys good, we need to treat all lineman the same respect but it's still fun to f$&? W them when they screw up.