Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ERC7788 View Post
    What day did everyone put in their application I havent heard anything back yet
    I'm in the same boat I put my app in before it closed on the 26th I believe it was and haven't heard a thing. I've been a groundman union for 5 years with everything you need and didn't hear a thing. I have buddies with little experience get called for testing. Did you take any tests last year ?

I haven't heard a thing

3. Default

Well, according to another post its random!

"PG&E is Hiring Pre-Apprentice Lineworkers
    Pacific Gas and Electric Company is preparing to hire pre-apprentice lineman workers across our service territory this month. New open positions will be posted to www.pge.com/careers on April 19 through April 23, 2012. This posting will remain online for five days only.

Candidates should apply and complete a profile through the Field Operations job portal at www.pge.com/careers. If candidates are interested in more than one job, he or she must apply separately to each posting. To receive notification about new postings as they become available, be sure to sign up for email notification when creating a profile.

All candidates must apply online at www.pge.com/careers to be considered. We expect to receive thousands of applications and will contact qualified candidates only. PG&E ranks candidates based on qualifications and then randomizes the candidate list to ensure equal opportunity for all. "

4. Default Huh...

Quote Originally Posted by makohon View Post
    ya.. PG&E is overrated in my opinion... good company but theres better ones out there... id never spend that 1 k just to take a test with no interview... i have taken other tests with them and there was tons and tons of people in there and there were many different dates and locations for the test so it just adds up.... next time im in ca to visit family and friends ill schedual a test while im there so not only will it be half the price for my plane ticket but ill be able to take time off work without making a bs excuse up and be able to see family while there rather than spend twice as much on a last minute ticket with one week notice, and not see family... im already an app lineman so i guess im not as desperate to spend that much to take a "are you stupid or not" test with no guarentee interview... call me negative or not... im just honest.. i really think these companies need to start narrowing guys down better and for the out of state guys give them a pre interview over the phone to see if it sounds like a good fit and move on to a testing session and face to face interview that day of the test... good luck though man!
    Must be nice. I would stay in Texas then. Give a little get a lot. A thousand dollars is nothing
    when you consider what the end result will be. I know apes that have to drag up constantly and move from state to state in order to keep working and get their OJT done. Sounds to me like
    you are not willing to do what it takes to make the next step. A ticket isn't going to just show
    up in your wallet someday. Think about it. What local are you working out of by the way...

How many hours to get a groundman ticket?
    What local are y'all out of ? I need some work
    I'm in cali

6. Default

Anyone updates for anyone?

Did you do the ALP testing? And interview?

8. Default

Yup, did you? If so have you heard anything?

No, I believe it's 2 weeks, they have background checks, hr stuff, etc...... I did interveiew, so I'll let ya know when I hear back. Good luck!

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

When did you interview and do the ALP?