Default anybody remember the Q-fuses or E-fuses

Featured Sponsor

More than likely there is still some E-fuses around,we used to have a few places that had them,and when you found extra ones,you better snatch them up...cause you would need them someday.......but has anyone ever taken an Q-fuse out of a disconnect,or hung one......the Q fuses weighed about as much as a car muffler and were almost as large......we only had about two of them in the field......and Im glad it was only two.

2. Default

We use Q fuses in one of our more rural service territories. They use them on the 34 Kv URD and I think some transformers. We also use them on our 34 Kv Cap Banks. You're right about the weight. Those things will knock you simple if you don't get it seated right.

Speaking of fuses, how about those SME fuses? The kind with the string attached. You screw the fuse into a spring cap, then drop the fuse with string attached thru the fuse tube. Once it's out of the other end, you pull the string until it locks into place, then cut the string off. It's always funny watching the newbies trying to figure out how they get put together.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman8641 View Post
    We use Q fuses in one of our more rural service territories. They use them on the 34 Kv URD and I think some transformers. We also use them on our 34 Kv Cap Banks. You're right about the weight. Those things will knock you simple if you don't get it seated right.

Speaking of fuses, how about those SME fuses? The kind with the string attached. You screw the fuse into a spring cap, then drop the fuse with string attached thru the fuse tube. Once it's out of the other end, you pull the string until it locks into place, then cut the string off. It's always funny watching the newbies trying to figure out how they get put together.
    Thats so true,I still remember when I was the one trying to figure them out.