Default The ones with no pride

Featured Sponsor

Dont know if I actually want to post this one..........Ok ok I lied,I noticed that 99.9% of the guys posting here seem like they work with lots of pride in there work,Brens work shows us in detail,even while working in those conditions....hes not the only one.........Ive seen many guys that act like each day is a chore,and dont show a hint of pride,not that they are bad workers,and have seen the guys that will not go out of there way to help a customer and even a fellow employee...........we all have those types,the guys that barley want to know the basics,no-more,no-less......some of these guys wouldnt even think of posting here or any other forum site.......you must remember they are off and not being paid...........no telling what others will say about these types of dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Dont know if I actually want to post this one..........Ok ok I lied,I noticed that 99.9% of the guys posting here seem like they work with lots of pride in there work,Brens work shows us in detail,even while working in those conditions....hes not the only one.........Ive seen many guys that act like each day is a chore,and dont show a hint of pride,not that they are bad workers,and have seen the guys that will not go out of there way to help a customer and even a fellow employee...........we all have those types,the guys that barley want to know the basics,no-more,no-less......some of these guys wouldnt even think of posting here or any other forum site.......you must remember they are off and not being paid...........no telling what others will say about these types of dudes.
    I think you're "Off" reppy...just "Off"...as a Lineman, and your real understanding of linework in this day and age. You're just "Off" reppy. But, that's just my opinion...
    You're right. ya shouldn't have posted this dribble.....

The tradesmen with the most pride in their work are the ones who chose their trade. The ones with no pride in their work are often the ones who got their job through nepotism or "did" the trade because they heard it made good cash.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Avatar check

What? Lightning in San Francisco.

Default culls

Once the crew is on to them, and the foreman figures there is no hope.They are sent down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bly View Post
    Once the crew is on to them, and the foreman figures there is no hope.They are sent down the road.
    Just depends on the "Job" Capt.
    A contractor? Yup. And it only takes a couple of weeks, if that long...to figure out a dude.
    A Utility, or Corp...maby not so much.

Clive said it pretty da$m straight. "The tradesmen with the most pride in their work are the ones who chose their trade."
    WANTIN to be in a specific trade, makes a guy try his best to Stay in that trade.

Sometimes though, the mind writes checks, the body can't cash. or...visa, versa...

BTW...Cool Avitar Capt!!

Default Tough decision

I've had the tough conversation, with shop Stuart present, to let apprentices know that they need to change jobs. Now with a journeyman its a different conversation. We are a "city crew" lots of twin circuits with under built.Some guys lead a "protected career" No parallel banks, just small aluminum wire. I'm not bragging, just saying, its hard to adapt. Again a jurny with pride will admit to it, and over time will catch up to the program.Now the guys that don't want to pick up the pace,don't want to take the time to teach the aps ,there the ones that are shown the gate.

thanks swamp rat, right back at ya

Default brb

Giants got a hit!!!

Featured Sponsorr

I would take the Time, to teach Any apprentice, that showed me, the sincerity I needed to see in his desire to BE in our Great Trade.

If you're a Lineman...you can "spot" em...the Good ones, that really want to be in the Trade, and...are cut out for it.
    I would spend a little more "Time" with them....