Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default pole top rescue.

Featured Sponsor

Just looking for some amunition for MONDAY.

How frequent do you do "pole top rescue" and first aid.

Every other company I have been with ...... It was yearly.

I've been with all sorts as well contractors. Semi state companys, even telecoms towers . We always had to have current first aid , harness certs. And rescue. Etc.

I won't tell ya what's happening with us at the moment. I will wait and see what feed back I get from you guys. BUT I'm NOT HAPPY.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Ummmmmm everthin hadda be resertified every year. CPR, First Aid, And PTR & Bucket rescue also

every year for pole top and bucket rescue, and our cpr and first aid cards are good for 2 years.

Default yEAHh

Yeah. !!!! As I thought. .

Gonna be trouble in the highlands on Monday.

I haven't done one since I topped out, it was a requirement. I've never had to do one on any job and plan to keep it that way. But, if duty calls, I could still do it faster than the next guy. I really don't understand testing every year for pole top rescue. I guess if you're that unsure of your ability, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAMPLINEMAN View Post
    I haven't done one since I topped out, it was a requirement. I've never had to do one on any job and plan to keep it that way. But, if duty calls, I could still do it faster than the next guy. I really don't understand testing every year for pole top rescue. I guess if you're that unsure of your ability, go for it.
    You may be stellar at it but some of your co-workers might need a refresher, we always do it once a year along with bucket truck rescue,cpr,and first aid, never felt I was above brushing up once a year, unfortunately I had to do it one time in real life and it was just like second nature, when something bad happens you revert back to your training on what to do, if you had any.

Up here in the Great White North we have to re-certify in pole top rescue , bucket rescue and bucket evacuation every year. First aid and CPR are mandatory and we must be re-trained before the expiry dates. Also work protection code must be re-certified every 2 years with an update every other year.

Default standing farthest away from the pole

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Just looking for some amunition for MONDAY.

How frequent do you do "pole top rescue" and first aid.

Every other company I have been with ...... It was yearly.

I've been with all sorts as well contractors. Semi state companys, even telecoms towers . We always had to have current first aid , harness certs. And rescue. Etc.

I won't tell ya what's happening with us at the moment. I will wait and see what feed back I get from you guys. BUT I'm NOT HAPPY.
    Around here its done once a year,both first aid and pole top rescue...........Ill continue MR.Bren.......way back when .....we all had to participate........things went well...the dummy seemed ok.........now as time went by there would be 4 to 5 guys that didnt participate.......dummy was partly cloudy......but hanging in there..........a few years after that there would be about 9 guys that didnt participate and another 3 guys that didnt want to strap their hooks on...........no...dont look around like you cant find them.........they are the guys standing farthest from the pole..........now the dummy seemed new.....this would be the 3rd dummy that Ive seen.......he looked like he didnt miss any meals.......heavy set lad.......even wore his pants way down there like the youngsters do these days.........I couldnt tell his age cause now I was standing with the other lineman........farthest away from the pole.

Default Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by TRAMPLINEMAN View Post
    Shame that people with that attitude are still about.

Anyway thanks for the feed back. Getting anoyed with this companys lack of training in this area. We start a new job on monday ( new site etc). The company has changed the way they want pole top rescue done. We've new kit etc. BUT. ! Its been 2 and a half tears now and no training in it or first aid.

I was an instructor for awhile with the national Grid. I trainned new recruits and refreshers to old hands. Over a two year period must have performed hundreds of training resccues. On towers we had three rescues depending on where the accident happend.
    1 tower
    2 from tension sting
    3 from the spacer chair.

I've had to rescue once from a tower and recover a workmates body from a pole as well.

As for first aid well my opinion is you can never have enough training in that either.

I'm gona challenge our foreman in writting on Monday . Have drafted a letter requesting trainning and adding a time and Date. SO he will have to act on it or become liable if anything goes wrong. I find if you create a paper trail things seem to get "DONE"
    (Rem when learning rescue or first in work ) "the life that might be saved could be yours. "

Default seen two or three methods

Featured Sponsorr

If I ever had to rescue another lineman ..........I believe that I would use the first method that I was taught...........after awhile they somehow get confusing.......but that first method sticks in my mind so thats why Id choose it.............the hurt guy on the pole wouldnt be concerned with the method............as long as it was done in a way that we all were taught.............luckily I havent needed to use what Ive learned............but you never know.