Thread: What If

Default What If

Featured Sponsor

Lets go back in time for a minute or two.....whats missing these days from (what I call) a real safety meeting...kind of funny remembering those good old days when the supervisor would do just as much or more talking than the safety man.....they didnt care if you were offended,they didnt hide the words that came out of their mouths,yes there was lots of cussing,sometimes threats,lots of name calling.........nobody would be wondering off in dreamland.....they had your full attention...they told you and everyone else in the room the way it was,and the way they expected it to be..............what if those types of meetings were held today.....ok ,I know....lawyers ...lawyers..lawyers..........but would it help just a little...some guys in this trade really need a loud wake up call.

What happened is that we became a society that can't hurt anyone's feelings. Everybody is a winner, everyone get's a participation ribbon and nobody is wrong.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    What happened is that we became a society that can't hurt anyone's feelings. Everybody is a winner, everyone get's a participation ribbon and nobody is wrong.
    I kinda see the same things happening too,cant say that I like it either.....before we know it a infantryman or a marine will be crying cause a terrorist is shooting at them........uhhhh thats one thing a terrorist does........its getting to a point thet we will have pee wee hermans and Richard Simmons as role models.....just to name a few.....football isnt a contact sport anymore,,in boxing there might be a guy that punches too hard.......in baseball you cant even look at an empire like hes stupid for calling a ball a strike,and being kicked out of the game....in golf you cant spit on a green,hope no cowboys have a chew in their mouths while golfing.