Thread: cal-nev apes

Default cal-nev apes

Featured Sponsor

where are all the cal-nev apes working if they are? every contractor i call says that they have no work but the jatc is still hiring, also anyone here when the next climbing class will be at cal nev, any rumors out there, im # 20 on the list and want to get going as soon as possible. can someone please explain to me what is going on with the work out look, i have heard everything from there is no work, to there is plenty of work, to its going to take 7 years to complete apprenticeship here, if anyone has any info let me know thanks

Default 65 out of work

just called down ther they said they have 65 apes out of work seems like it is getting worse i called a month ago and they said only 35 out out of work whats going on?

i am curious how many apes total are in the Cal-Nev jatc?

ps..dont let that discourage you...Stay Strong!

Default ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorn Ape View Post
    i am curious how many apes total are in the Cal-Nev jatc?

ps..dont let that discourage you...Stay Strong!
    not discouraged just kinda getting irratated that i cant get a straight answere, they are still taking applications even though they have 65 out of work and who knows how many on the eligability list, they wont put together a school unless all 65 go back to work well how long will that be, and i understand the reasoning, but what is some of them dont want to go back to work, or if they go back to work for a week and get laid off, they just had a school in march which meant there were no apes out of work, and less then a month later there are 65, did some huge job just end or something. Can anyone explain this to me

5. Default

I know you want an answer but if you let this bug you it will eat you up. I know it sucks you just have to go with the flow and play the waiting game. There just isn't alot of work that's the fact. It might take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by toyhunter View Post
    I know you want an answer but if you let this bug you it will eat you up. I know it sucks you just have to go with the flow and play the waiting game. There just isn't alot of work that's the fact. It might take awhile.
    you are right the waiting game is the worst though,

Dam that's a lot of apes out of work. Good think cal nev is finally
    Closing apps coming up soon. That will be 3 months of them accepting
    Again. Wonder how many hundred applied....

Well over 1000 guys applied last time the books were open.

its going to take them a long time to schedual interviews so hopefully i will keep my number

Default work outlook

Featured Sponsorr

im a 6th step cal nev ape .. for one congrats on getting in, there were a lot of applications and interviews that took place, so you should keep your head up on that one .. there is a lot of work, but its a lot of tranny work .. there are 2nd and 3rd steppers with 3000+ hours of tranny time so they are trying to rotate guys but its not working really well .. on one of the replys earlier a guy said what if he doesnt WANT to go to work, it doesnt work like that bud, if you get a call to go to work you take it or your out .. bottom line!
    "That's What's The Matter"