Default Nudder one done. :)

Featured Sponsor

Changed out H poles "rotten and clearence issues". Today. Started as an interrmediate and we sectioned it to get a bit more height. Pics of "before" "after" and "durring". Pole change.

And yes that's snow on the mountains.

Back to ireland in the morning. OUR WEEKEND OFF. YAHOO. !!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default Sorry

Sorry pics uploaded the wrong way round. Start from the bottom up. That's the sequence of events. HA HA. ( Forgive me "I'm irish")

Default What's halfway down the pole ??

Bren,

What can I see about half way up one pole, is it BT or something else ??

Enjoy the long weekend home. I'm working Sat to make up for Monday off (**** public holidays)

Stu

Default its

Its a fibre optic connection between the hydro dam generator and a substation. It aint used anymore and is a pain in the @rse . It weighs a ton ( stailesss steel ) we could remove it but it would be a nightmare to roll up. So we are re hanging it. Useing an eyebolt screwed on to the end of the cross bracing......

Sorry your in Sat. we worked the whole of Easter weekend. Was during our 10 day rota ON.!

By sectionilising Bren do you mean converting the intermiadiate to a Strain? If so we call this a cut & shut

THAT is one "Interesting" Bucket Truck my Bren.
    Cool Picts!!!, Thanks for Sharin. It's really cool when ya can work anything like that Dead and Grounded.

I'm still blown away with that Bucket Truck!! That thing is awsomely Interesting!!!! Holy Crap!! Never seen nothin like that.

That's got like 4 Knuckles in it! WHAT is the actual Height that thing can go to...like Staight up? Who makes that Boom assembly? Is it "Pistol Grip" operated, or "Lever" operated from the Bucket?

Great Picts man, thanks for Sharin....

Default cut an shut.

Well we cut an shut ..

And swampy . ! Its lever operated and goes up 50 ft from the base . So abuot 54 feet from the ground. .... Another pic of it "specially for you swampy"

And WHY would we work on it live.? Its an inter conecter between a hydro dam and the sub station. Its got no customers off it. No T offs (spurs). Or Transformers.
    The line is only ever live twice a day anyway. The dam is opend to generate at peek times. Break fast and between 5 and 7 in the evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Well we cut an shut ..

And swampy . ! Its lever operated and goes up 50 ft from the base . So abuot 54 feet from the ground. .... Another pic of it "specially for you swampy"

And WHY would we work on it live.? Its an inter conecter between a hydro dam and the sub station. Its got no customers off it. No T offs (spurs). Or Transformers.
    The line is only ever live twice a day anyway. The dam is opend to generate at peek times. Break fast and between 5 and 7 in the evening.
    By the looks of it, I'd have thought at LEAST 70 ft. Still can't get my head around the whole "Look" of the Truck with the boom attached. Can ya take a picture of the truck and the boom assembly at rest?

Just different "stuff" Bren. Different Jobs, in the states, even on transmission, are "needed" sometimes... to be worked Hot. Didn't know, and don't know all the specifics of how your "Line System" works. But...WHENEVER it can be worked DEAD....dude...THAT just makes Linework That much MORE Fun!!!

Default monday

Featured Sponsorr

I will sort it monday swampy. OFF to the airport now.