Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    OK these guys were removing an old pole and for some reason didn't catch the pole high enough my question would be why ? How much experience did they have ? If they weren't sure they were high enough could they not just cut the pole down more? 15 feet of pole out of the ground is plenty to pull a pole out with.
    If they were removing an old pole__did the butt break off?? Seen that happen before. Changes the balance point in a hurry. Lots of things can go wrong in a hurry. Has anyone seen the official report??

Yep Gumbo that is very , very true. We won't know the whole story until the report comes out and second guessing doesn't do much. Just throwing out my 2 cents , and stating how I like to get er done.

Angry Ananlyzing...

His friend/pole buddy was in trouble because the chain/sling was hooked too high. Either not pushed up high enough or not judged correctly, or the pole was cut too high in the air and the guys on the ground weren't expecting it. WHATEVER THE CASE; DO NOT CONTINUE TO MONDAY-MORNING-QUARTERBACK THIS YOUNG MAN'S DECISION TO RUN AND HELP HIS BUDDY WHO REALIZED THE POLE WAS TOO HEAVY FOR HIM TO HANDLE BY HIMSELF. WE SOMETIMES GET A SPLIT SECOND TO MAKE A DECISION THAT OTHERS HAVE DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS AND EVEN YEARS TO PICK APART AND ANALYZE. NO ONE IS PERFECT. REMEMBER THAT. I AM UNION, AND I AM WELL EDUCATED IN THE BUSINESS. BEEN CLIMBING POLES SINCE I WAS 18 YEARS OLD. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU ALL, THAT EVERYONE AND ANYONE CAN/WILL MAKE MISTAKES. IT IS SAD AND VERY UNFORTUNATE, THAT IN THE PROCESS OF IMMEDIATELY HELPING HIS FELLOW LINEMAN/WORKER; HE WAS KILLED IN THE "HEAT OF BATTLE", - IF YOU WILL.

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO THIS YOUNG MAN'S FAMILY.

!!! TO ALL OF YOU HALF-ASSED LINEMAN THAT MONDAY-MORNING-QUARTERBACK THE REPORTS OF DEATHS OF LINEMEN ON THIS SAFETY BOARD: YOU ARE NOT PERFECT. NON OF US ARE. KNOCK OFF YOUR ANALYZING B.S. - CUT THE $HIT ALREADY. IT'S NO WONDER ALL OF THE GOOD AND KNOWLEDGEABLE, INTELLIGENT UNION HANDS LEFT THIS SITE FOR ANOTHER SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Fiberglass Cowboy; 04-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Proud to be an IBEW (Utility) Journeyman Lineman; and d@mned proud to be an Army Lineman (12 quebec) and an Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran in the U.S. Army Reserve ...

Default Noone should ever stop questioning why our brothers die!

It's time to quit making excuses. Anyone on the ground at that job should have had PPE on if there was a possibility they would be involved in handling that pole, anyone!

Nobody is perfect, well no kidding! The only people that I've ever seen that put themselves on some sort of pedestal have left this site.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    It's time to quit making excuses. Anyone on the ground at that job should have had PPE on if there was a possibility they would be involved in handling that pole, anyone!

Nobody is perfect, well no kidding! The only people that I've ever seen that put themselves on some sort of pedestal have left this site.
    And good riddins. But they still gotta come back and tell us how great they are.

Folks this is a typical management tool, to scrutinize an accident. He was not there and does not know how many people where on that crew. The rules for a hot crew vary from company to company not his and he really needs reread Fiberglass Cowboy’s post..

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    Folks this is a typical management tool, to scrutinize an accident. He was not there and does not know how many people where on that crew. The rules for a hot crew vary from company to company not his and he really needs reread Fiberglass Cowboy’s post..
    Why don't you just stay over on your own, pompus, little website, driftboy... with tg, and all your Mob, and... with your creater, the canadian.

Ya left dude, along with all your union buds. Why you feel you gotta run your mouth here and try to stir sh$t anymore? You and the glass Cowboy... Just can't help but play "F-F", can ya.

Go play in your toolbox driftboy, and leave the site ya Left, alone.

Ummmmmmmm the simple fact of the Matter is that there are several accidents( Fatalities) every year due to this.We can choose to ignore them and allow them to continue or we can try and solve the problem, Which I think is whats going on here.Regardless of what any companies rules are we all know that this is deadly and claims one of our own all to frequently.None of us know any of the particulars here but we all know the results........ I dont think that its monday morning quarterbacking at all. I beleive its a voice of concern and it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmmm the simple fact of the Matter is that there are several accidents( Fatalities) every year due to this.We can choose to ignore them and allow them to continue or we can try and solve the problem, Which I think is whats going on here.Regardless of what any companies rules are we all know that this is deadly and claims one of our own all to frequently.None of us know any of the particulars here but we all know the results........ I dont think that its monday morning quarterbacking at all. I beleive its a voice of concern and it should be.
    Well said Poot.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    And good riddins. But they still gotta come back and tell us how great they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Why don't you just stay over on your own, pompus, little website, driftboy... with tg, and all your Mob, and... with your creater, the canadian.

Ya left dude, along with all your union buds. Why you feel you gotta run your mouth here and try to stir sh$t anymore? You and the glass Cowboy... Just can't help but play "F-F", can ya.

Go play in your toolbox driftboy, and leave the site ya Left, alone.
    Perhaps something needs a little straightening out here.

#1. I did not create anything on the internet that has to do with linework, yet.

#2. I didn't leave here, I was banned - twice for Bull $hit. Simply put I choose not to post. Why bother arguing constantly with a few racist fools that can hardly claim to be linemen?

#3. I still don't take kindly to any racism or nationalist crap that appears so often on this site. It used to be the best darn thing this trade has - no longer.

I warned this board once that the racist, homophobic nonsense was going to cost this board sponsors. I got banned for that. Take a look around.

I didn't leave this board. I just refuse to be party to it being run into the dirt by a few.

Kindly keep my name out of your sleazy comments.
    Last edited by CanadianLineman; 04-06-2012 at 01:03 PM.

If Everyone is Racist,
    Is Anyone Really Safe??

Racism Kills Unions
    IBEW JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN

canadianlineman@gmail.com