Default Class A cdl California

Featured Sponsor

Anybody know of any good places to get class A training by good I mean the cheapest

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by josh562 View Post
    Anybody know of any good places to get class A training by good I mean the cheapest
    Theres alot of class a in day places in the So Cal area and some in redding up north.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by apprenticelineman View Post
    Theres alot of class a in day places in the So Cal area and some in redding up north.
    There around 500$ and teach you how to pass the test

4. Default

That's a lot cheaper.than up here in Washington ...you have to go to a truck school and log classroom hours and driving hours before you can even.take the test. Looking at about $5k up here.

Just google class a cdl rentals in your city. there will be guys who do the "class a in a day" thing that come up. thats the cheapest way unless you have a friend who will loan you a truck. the pre-trip is the hardest part and what you'll spend the most time on most likely. It'll cost you about 400-600 bucks.

Retired DOT dude came in gave us some pointers, then we did the testing was pretty easy, a lot of us went ahead and got the tanker endorsement.
    After passing the tests then you will need a truck, go rent one or something if you don't have easy access to one.

I almost let mine expire, I am sure the older we get the harder the testing and driving skills become, we all form some bad habits, pre-trips get lax, and our driving skills get relaxed also.

Quote Originally Posted by Electriceel View Post
    Retired DOT dude came in gave us some pointers, then we did the testing was pretty easy, a lot of us went ahead and got the tanker endorsement.
    After passing the tests then you will need a truck, go rent one or something if you don't have easy access to one.

I almost let mine expire, I am sure the older we get the harder the testing and driving skills become, we all form some bad habits, pre-trips get lax, and our driving skills get relaxed also.
    actually the older you get your skills might become better,you wont be in no hurry,your much more aware also.............the biggest worry for me is that eye test.......the eyes come first,i can see great unless its close up,like reading a newspaper or even the computer.....dont worry about it now,but someday you also will use reading glasses ,lol

Ummmmmmmm I sure as heck couldnt pass the CDL test agin without some heavy duty refreshing. I am retired now and mine expires nextyear. Does anyone see a reason to keep it or just drop back to a regular liscense?Its kinda pricey compared to a regular DL.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmmm I sure as heck couldnt pass the CDL test agin without some heavy duty refreshing. I am retired now and mine expires nextyear. Does anyone see a reason to keep it or just drop back to a regular liscense?Its kinda pricey compared to a regular DL.
    Poot ,the only reason I can think of is it could be useful if you ever needed another job such as truck driving,theres always a need for drivers here,just something to fallback on,yes thats a big difference in prices.