Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default I forgot to mention

Featured Sponsor

I forgot to mention that when he was telling me about the interview he asked if id be able to be get oughta work that day, I told him that I wouldn't miss the interview for Nothin, Ill try to keep my opinions to myself about pike, I just like to rant every now and then lol, Ill try to keep posted on my hopefully soon to be union status...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1 View Post
    Ive been working for Pike in Indiana for exactly one month today, as a Class C Im from Illinois, I went to line school, I have my Class A CDL, My question is what do I need to get in to the union as soon as possible? I have a union hall #702 about an hour from my house and I know i should go over there and sign the books, I just dont wanna feel like im wasting my time. My crew is unsafe here, my second day on the job they tried sending me up in the hot wires by myself... that wasn't gonna happen.. I don't wanna quit until I have something else in line, I LOVE LIFEWORK but I don't wanna die from it..
    702 was recruiting non-union in a heavy way a few years ago. They have one of the better wages in outside construction and 25% retirement I do believe, and all storm work is doubletime. Walk in the door like you own the place and sign the books. Talk to a rep and get signed up for the apprenticeship. They won't hang you for trying. Costs nothing but a bit of gas and time. The rewards could be tremendous.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1 View Post
    I went to the hall in indy today, it went great found out some good stuff, the rep told me he could get me in for the next interview, now I gotta come up with an excuse to get oughta work for the day to go to it, he said he can't strand pike and is gonna help me get in the union in any way he can... fingers crossed it all goes good.
    get into 702 if you can Tyler. 1393 is the local I started this trade in. It's not exactly the strongest local going. The outside rep isn't even a Journeyman. An operator that inherited his job from his dad. 702 has some bad points as well, but t pays better and you say it's close to where you live. I'd try it before you get locked in with 1393. But any road that takes you Union is better than the road you're on now. Good luck.