Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

I don't know whats worse.. The size of my paycheck or the chances of getting a union job in the near future... The main reason I went to lineschool is cuz I talked to a lineman from the local Co-op and all he talked about was the great training he had and so on... I wish I could afford to drive around to all these halls and get my name in the books but with one weekday off and 4$ gas prices make it seem impossiblelol, I appreciate the encouragement guys Ill make it someday

Check your local hall and if you get a chance stop in to the Indiana Local 1393. ALBAT website is showing there are several locals accepting apprentice applications at the moment.

Click --> ALBAT app page

LU1393
    3645 S East Street
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46227
    317-791-1362

Default Im gonna try

Im gonna try to run by the local in Indy next Thursday when I get off (kill 2 birds with one stone)
    Is there anything I need to take with me when I go to sign? Dont wanna show up unprepared...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1 View Post
    Im gonna try to run by the local in Indy next Thursday when I get off (kill 2 birds with one stone)
    Is there anything I need to take with me when I go to sign? Dont wanna show up unprepared...
    Call each hall and find out.... one hall i signed required a social security card, another hall needed just a license.... everyone is different.

At the hall in Indy, park out front (only 3 -4 spaces) and ring the buzzer to get in... That'll save you from looking like an idiot like me when I first stopped there. I parked around back and walked back and forth trying to find an unlocked door, lol.

Default you guys going to halls

hey this seems easy but we all forget one thing...............leave these guys your phone #...........that is such a small thing to do.....................but it might lead to larger things..............leave that number with someone.

Default i

It may sound silly but I drove to the local in Springfield today #51 the lady there was kind of a B**** but I had a family reunion up there today so I just swung by to try, I took a resume with me and they didn't even wanna look at it, I signed everything I possibly could she said the waiting list could be up to 8 months to a year before I got a call (I call BS on that lol) I definitely remembered to leave my number^ lol, got home this afternoon and talked to a guy here in my towns coop and he was telling me Henkle McCoy maybe having some work, I have no idea how to go about getting with them but Im gonna look more into it... Im definitely going to Indy Thursday when I get off to try them out, hopefully be a better atmosphere..
    Last edited by Tyler1; 03-09-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Default went to the hall in indy

I went to the hall in indy today, it went great found out some good stuff, the rep told me he could get me in for the next interview, now I gotta come up with an excuse to get oughta work for the day to go to it, he said he can't strand pike and is gonna help me get in the union in any way he can... fingers crossed it all goes good.

Default this is what I would do

I went to the hall in indy today, it went great found out some good stuff, the rep told me he could get me in for the next interview, now I gotta come up with an excuse to get oughta work for the day to go to it, he said he can't strand pike and is gonna help me get in the union in any way he can... fingers crossed it all goes good.
    Heres what I think I would do, first you dont want to lose the job that you already have,if you think its tough now finding a job,it will be worse if you lose that one,even if you dont like it.........Id get in touch with that rep from the hall and tell him your situation,tell him that its going to cost you that day and tell him that your going to have to come up with an excuse,maybe he will see that your honest about the whole deal.......ask him what your chances really are,look the guy in the eyes......i get the feeling that they are hiring and that is putting you in a great spot,plus you have already met the guy.....so your past that point...........try not to bad mouth Pike too bad,even if they suck...get on with your future and leave the Pike conversation alone if you can.........the reason Im saying that is cause interviewers dont like hearing bad things about former employers,they figure you will just say that about them also......anyway good luck,you seem pretty close

Featured Sponsorr

Awesome! Good luck and don't sweat the interview. Dress nice, be polite, and be confident when answering their questions.