Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ground rods

Featured Sponsor

Back years ago companies use to just drive rods at each piece of equip. In a station,now stations have a huge grid when I was a app. I got to do a few and let me tell you guys if you have
    Never helped on one you wouldn't believe how much copper and conduit your walking on in a
    Station when it's done!!!!!!!

From my experience I hope I don't have to help build another one because the ground grid sucks
    If you ever get a chance count all the conduits coming out of pads and imagine how to fit them all in the control room

Here is a good one for y'all
    How many of y'all seen utilities use no. 4 acsr for a pole ground that is from the ground up????

Sorry I'm talking about distribution

Our trans is all no. 4 hard drawn

The ground plates I am referring to are about 12" x18" and can be used in place of a 10' ground rod. There is only a couple of utilities that have allowed using them but I understand that they are allowed at a service entrance.

Default bare with me

Featured Sponsorr

Ok then...........how many do not have seperate ground cables for the trailers.......and do any have to use two ground rods when grounding the truck and trailer.........now..................lets walk into the back yard.......when using one of those machines such as an ez-hauler......while setting a pole in the easement,do you also ground that piece of machinery?