Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Featured Sponsor

but yes you must learn theory...some of it does come into play later on down the road - I use ohm's law not everyday, but every now and then I'll have to calculate something.

Had a battle once with an older journeyman who was trying to tell me 480 volts consumed less electricity - then I busted out the I*E=P on him

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Had a battle once with an older journeyman who was trying to tell me 480 volts consumed less electricity - then I busted out the I*E=P on him
    I will say this...with a 480 volt motor and a 120 volt motor running side by side with the exact same load on them,,, the 120 volt motor will feel warmer! Heat is waste!

if it was any of your business you would know

Default howdy

Featured Sponsorr

the work never bothered me too much. I'd been in farm and construction work before I caught on the power company. Theory? 6 years inside (app and 2 years JW) did not hurt.

Some days... visualizing how things would work out is a little tough... rebuild a section while keeping load on...cut this ...mack that... open here... jumper this ...got it? That can be a little tough. After a while you learn to eat the elephant...one bite at a time.

I can tell you there were days I would have killed my lineman or working foreman for a nickle. Most of those guys were top drawer, but we did have a few deadbeats who where always suprised when a plan worked out... very hard to work for...