Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: easy

Default ha ha

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    65 tons,had one like that in caracus
    I won't ask you for your size just yet......... Coz your. WRONG ! Ha ha.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default you catch on fast

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    .........OK,DIDNT GET THAT ONE PAST YOU

Ummmmmmm mite would help if we knew the diameter stead of havin to guess. I guessed based on 2 1/2 inch dia.

Default Ah !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmm mite would help if we knew the diameter stead of havin to guess. I guessed based on 2 1/2 inch dia.
    AH poot.... That's why I took the pic of me holding it.. To give a sense of scale. I'm 6 2". So I've pretty big hands and I couldn't get my get my fingers around it...... " Sure its only a T shirt"

Default Only a t-shirt

AH poot.... That's why I took the pic of me holding it.. To give a sense of scale. I'm 6 2". So I've pretty big hands and I couldn't get my get my fingers around it...... " Sure its only a T shirt"
    Bren ,you must remember that this is America,we love our T-shirts,we cant buy one from Scotland,we get ours from walmart,which is made in China.So its not just a t-shirt as far as we are concerned,,,,,,,,concert t-shirts cost maybe 80dollars these days,i dont know................... and please dont watch Judge Judy in a recliner,,,,,,,,here in Flordia ,a woman just attacked a 65 yr old guy with a hammer,because she didnt like him watching JUDY................ONLY IN THE USA.

72 ton! I'll pm you my address!

Based on a guess that our hands might be similar sizes suggesting a 56mm crane rope, I'd say about 80 tons now. My first guess was the minimum breaking load.
    Last edited by BigClive; 01-10-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Lets cut out the crap

.........Bren,usually I dont offer this to anybody,but since your are on the other side of the Atlantic,Ill do you a great favor,I happen to have a few Rick Perry T-shirts,everyone is asking for them here in the states,Ill be more than happy to send one your way, just FED x-press my shirt soon........thanks !

My guess on the working load of that wire is 175 T. Now send me the **** shirt!

Default No fear

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by hotwiretamer View Post
    My guess on the working load of that wire is 175 T. Now send me the **** shirt!
    I was rebuilding a a tower blown up by the IRA in 1987 it was a link between northern ireland and southern ireland... Six guys turned up on site wearing balclavas and carrying guns and "asked us to leave". SO threats won't work on me I'm afraid ... Been there , done that GOT THE T SHIRT.

Just a little clue to you guys that might help...

In the construction industry in the uK all lifting tackle has a 3 to 1 saftey factor. So a one ton shackle would actually be capeable of lifting 3 ton before it would fail ( prob a lot more) BUT on over head line work in the UK the safety factor is 5 to one. So 5 ton shackles are re stamped at a ton etc...... So what a bond would be capeable of lifting and what its "rated at might not be as much as ya think.....".

High noon (grenwich time) on fri the 13th is the cut off..

Good luck..... Rem you can editt your post at anytime till then.

BE lUCKY.