Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Default Fall arrest systems.

Featured Sponsor

I posted this question on one thread already so if you see it twice sorry. I'm looking for information on the retractable lanyards available. I understand that Buckingham makes one. The company I work for is implementing the fall arrest equipment and there is interest in these lanyards as a secondary. Any comments or information on these would be appreciated.

Default not any more

We used to use them years ago.. But !! We did away them. They were like a seat belt retraction system.... Our lanyards all pull out under shock loading now. If we fall the full lenth of the lanyaard... The webbing rips out and breaks the fall.... I think this is a much safer system...... MY TEN CENTS WORTH !!!!!! You can see it hanging of my co workers back in this pick.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by warpig View Post
    I posted this question on one thread already so if you see it twice sorry. I'm looking for information on the retractable lanyards available. I understand that Buckingham makes one. The company I work for is implementing the fall arrest equipment and there is interest in these lanyards as a secondary. Any comments or information on these would be appreciated.
    I forget the name of mine, and notice there's no name on it but it attaches directly to my belt. Its kinda heavy too so it adds a bit of weight to my belt. It works great getting you over an obstruction. You can pull out up to six feet, toss it over an obstruction and clip in to your D-ring . Once you settle your weight into it it locks.

Here's one that Miller makes. It looks better and lighter than mine.
    http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CI0BEPICMAY#

Lightbulb Big and Bulky

The ones I have ever seen being on the tool committee where I work, look big and bulky and too heavy. We elected not to purchase any. They could be used with your harness in a truck or off the pole. But there is no point anymore, since we have to have the new 100% wood fall protection devices on to climb any pole nowadays. And our lanyards on our harnesses have an extra 6' bundled to slow (arrest) your fall down before your actually hit the end of your lanyard. Something to think about. Not really a need for those type of devices now.
    Proud to be an IBEW (Utility) Journeyman Lineman; and d@mned proud to be an Army Lineman (12 quebec) and an Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran in the U.S. Army Reserve ...

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    Yep... thats it Lewy! thats the one on my belt(only mine is green).

<....delete....>
    Last edited by rcdallas; 01-03-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Think you got a buckingham Top. Buckingham rep said he didn't like them too much because we have creosote poles in our area - belt gets all creosote gooey.

Good for the skin.
    Could be, We went to fall arrest back in 2001. I went over the thing with a fine tooth comb and can't find a name on it. For some reason Jelco sticks in my head. It mounts straight on the belt with 4 set screws and it swivels.

You definatly wouldn't want to get creosote on the thing.

Default El Bucky

<....delete....>
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by rcdallas; 01-03-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Does it look like this?

Name:  90J-l.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  5.5 KB

Fine tooth comb, eh?

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 774
Size:  9.7 KB

We ain't found...CHIT!

We still free climb.
    Yep thats it... The lock snap is a smidge different , but thats it!