Default bucket bags,tool bags

Featured Sponsor

There has to be a way to stop these tools from spilling onto the bottom of the buckets,How many times do we have to reach to the bottom and put the tools,materials back in the bag or back on the bucket,this might even be a stupid question,I havent ever gave it much thought,but it happens too often.With all the pot-holes,RR tracks we go across all the time,it just gets old.Maybe some guys use a pooper scooper type of tool to reach the tools that have fallen.Just interested in other guys opinions,inventions or thoughts.

It’s called being a good “house keeper” and stuff like that will not happen!!

Ummm sho nuff theys a way to keep em frum spilling everwheres. After each job remove the tool basket n dump it on the floor of the bucket. Ummmmmm Course I hadda buddy that never had a tool kause he always wanted one of mine.Loaned him a pair of kliens once n he returned em wif a hole burnt rite inna cuttin jaws. Next time he axed I told him " sorry buddy these is jus fer regular hot wire linemen".

i use a tool apron and never have spilled tools.

I have an old canvas tool apron. I lined the tool holders with pvc pipe. I have had it since 2005. It has ridden in the bucket for years, rarely did anything get bounced out. The last couple of years it has ridden in the back of my work pickup, hanging up, never have any tools falling out.

Lightbulb Vinyl....

Featured Sponsorr

We have vinyl or hard plastic tool boards. I use a nice big yellow vinyl tool board. I have 2 yellow vinyl, hard-bodied oval buckets with vinyl elastic lined covers that ride outside the bucket at all times. Also have a yellow vinyl bolt cutter/cable cutter bag that sits on the inside, and a vinyl battery press (MD-6 inline battery press) holder on the inside. Once the boom is cradled and the bucket is seated nice and tight, and I am ready to ride on down the road; I strap the boom down, put my little oval bucket covers back over the oval buckets, and put my big bucket cover over the actual bucket. Most of the time I try to avoid potholes and bumps. 95% of the time I don't have trouble with stuff spilling or flying out. Change out bucket hooks on a regular basis (at least yearly.) 'Bout the best advice I could offer up. Hopefully your truck has a cradle.
    Proud to be an IBEW (Utility) Journeyman Lineman; and d@mned proud to be an Army Lineman (12 quebec) and an Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran in the U.S. Army Reserve ...